A CHAMPION IN THE MAKING

CHAPTER FOUR
A CHAMPION IN THE MAKING (ALTERNATE TITLE: STUPID BLOODY TOURNAMENT)

CHAPTER FOURA CHAMPION IN THE MAKING (ALTERNATE TITLE: STUPID BLOODY TOURNAMENT)

ufo lighter | CAMP COPE
"sorry i don't react
the way you
want me to sometimes"

The next couple weeks flew past. Cora spent it with Amelia and more often than not the twins. Balancing fun and friends with the homework that was slowly piling up. Cora could feel the light slowly coming back to her as she found herself feeling more and more comfortable around people she hadn't even known long.

The air in the castle was the same, Halloween was approaching fast. The tournament was all anyone was talking about. Fred and George had even started a betting pool on who would be chosen, Viktor Krum had the most bets and a couple students had even placed one on Harry Potter. The twins said it would honestly probably happen because everything revolves around Harry.

She had been sending more and more letters to Chris and Ben as each week she had more to tell them. She had received her first letter from her father. A short thing along the lines of 'I hope you are well, have fun and continue with your studies'. She replied immediately despite how annoyed she knew it would make her mother.

Her mother had been sending her letters at least once a week if not more since the beginning of the term and Cora had been blissfully ignoring most. Replying once or twice to keep her mother's wrath at bay. She just didn't want to engage in conversation she didn't have to. Hogwarts was a Clarissa free zone and Cora intended to keep it that way.

"Watcha' thinking about?" Cora was sitting in the herbology room with Amelia, it was lunchtime but the two decided to skip it. Instead using Amelia's status as Sprout's favourite student to convince her to let them use the greenhouse to plant some flowers.

Cora decided to plant some sunflowers, her favourite. While Amelia was planting some pink roses. The two had been sitting in a comfortable silence, enjoying the last rays of the summer sun filtering through the glass. "Nothing important..." She turned to look at her friend who smiled back at her. "How about you?"

Amelia laughed lightly and turned to gaze out the window softly. "Just how nice and quiet this moment is." Amelia turned back and looked her dead in the eye. "I guess we ruined that." The two girls giggled into each other before the silence reappeared.

It was nice for Cora to just spend time in someone's presence without having to fill in the blanks. It was comfortable and she really appreciated it. She had never really had that before. See Christopher and her didn't spend enough time together to afford silence. Every second was spent catching up and enjoying each other's company. Ever second was filled because their seconds were limited.

Her and Vera's friendship was one sided silence. And when Cora looked back on it she realised Vera felt the need to chatter about everything because she didn't give her any effort. Vera shuffled through topics, hoping to land on one that Cora would discuss as well. She could see that perfectly now she wasn't in the situation. She really did wish she had seen it before.