THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS (AND FRIENDSHIP)

CHAPTER THREE 
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS (AND FRIENDSHIP) (ALTERNATE TITLE: SLYTHERINS NEED FRIENDS TOO)

CHAPTER THREE  THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS (AND FRIENDSHIP) (ALTERNATE TITLE: SLYTHERINS NEED FRIENDS TOO)

icu | PHEOBE BRIDGERS
"but i feel something,
when i see you now"

The next month passed excruciatingly slow. She was glad to be back at Hogwarts - no doubt about it, but something wasn't quite right. Since Vera unceremoniously befriended her she had been spending most of her days alone. Don't get her wrong, she very much enjoyed her own company. But there was only so much time one could spend with their own thoughts.

But then again she couldn't really complain as she had put no effort to seek out new companions. Sure, there were people she sat with in lessons, studied with and ate meals with. But nothing more. That's why most of her time was spent sitting by the black lake, making the most of the warmish weather before it disappeared. While she did enjoy sitting in her common room it was more of a winter activity. Nothing could beat the fresh air.

Dear Ben and Chris (since Benjamin insists on nicknames you are getting one too Christopher).

It was a Wednesday afternoon, the period before lunch and she was trying to write a letter to her brother and Ben but she was at a loss of what to say. Nothing much had really happened.

I know this letter is long overdue, but I haven't had anything to inform you of. Both of you know I am not one for professing my emotions. Therefore I wasn't going to write a whole letter on how I miss you both.

I do miss you both, dearly. And I wish nothing more than to watch The Lion King again. I had the opening theme stuck in my head for the first couple of weeks. I was humming it everywhere. Some people stared at me - the muggleborns however understood. One first year even started singing it when he heard me! It has been my highlight of the school year.

Well apart from drenching Fred Weasley in my first charms lesson. It was quite satisfying.

Anyway how have the two of you been? Chris I absolutely loved your column last week on Patronuses, I found it quite educational. Ben! Thank you for the journal. Not only is it wonderful quality but quite handy as well. I have come to use it to record my homework, saving my life on multiple occasions.

That is all but I promise to begin to write more frequently. Feel free to send me a howler if I forget.

Regards (love),

Cora

She let out a sigh as she lifted the quill from her letter and set it aside to dry. She leant back against the tree she was sitting under, closing her eyes for just a second.

Suddenly her name was being called and when she opened her eyes the sun was going down, something it was not doing when she closed them. She looked up to see a blonde girl (she was 90 percent sure was called Amelia), a Hufflepuff in her year.