TRAIN RIDE TO HELL

CHAPTER NINETEEN/THREE
TRAIN RIDE TO HELL (ALTERNATE TITLE: CORA IS NOT OKAY)

matilda | HARRY STYLES "matildayou talk of the pain like it's all alright, but i know that you feel like a piece of you'sdead inside"

"matilda
you talk of the pain like it's all alright,
but i know that you feel like a piece of you's
dead inside"

The last week of August flew by and before Cora could comprehend it, she was packing her bags to return to Hogwarts. For the first time in her life she wasn't overcome with excitement, instead fear tingled through every inch of her body.

Cora couldn't have been more unsure, was going back to school really the right thing to do?

Hogwarts was at one point in time her one and only safe place haven. Last year it failed her. The school that she loved put her in danger, and she wasn't sure if she would ever conquer that.

She was also finally allowed to spend time with her brother without restraint for the first time in her entire life. She couldn't bear to burst the bubble they had built for themselves. But she could not stay, she had to go back to school.

She made her way down the stairs, Salem in one hand, wand in the other, her bags floating behind her. Everyone else was gathered in the entrance hall, ready to make the journey to King's Cross. They had decided to depart the house in groups, as to not to bring more attention than needed.

Even from the first floor landing she could see the tears in Mrs Weasley's eyes glistening. She took a deep break and glided down the last flight of stairs, entering the living room that was filled with the people she had spent the last month with.

Nestled behind all the hugs and goodbyes she spotted Sirius, draped lazily on the couch, pretending the scene did not evoke any feelings in his heart.

"Hey kid."

She smiled warmly at her cousin, laying her head on his shoulder, full of affection. "I am going to miss you, quite a lot actually." She could feel him smile down at her, but Cora decided to avert her eyes to avoid any tears from spilling out. "You are the only family I can stand."

"Stand? That's a bit harsh!" Sirius's laugh wouldn't been infectious on any other day of the week, but Cora's sorrow was almost eating her alive. "You too Cora, you too."

She nestled into his side for a second more, before Molly approached, interrupting the exchange. "C'mon sweetheart, we have to go." She nodded quickly and rose from her seat, blowing Sirius a kiss before floating across the room. Waving goodbye and promising to write to those who would not accompany the children to the train station.

Once they arrived at Kings Cross Station she could barely speak, let alone tell Benjamin and Christopher goodbye. Instead, she solemnly hugged them and quietly whispered, "I'll see you soon." The two understood she could not handle much more than that, and simply squeezed her tight and slipped a bag of toffee into her luggage as a parting gift. Cora proceeded to kiss Arthur and Molly on the cheek, thanking them for their kindness before quickly boarding the train.