FRESH AIR

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE/FIVE
FRESH AIR (ALTERNATE TITLE: CORA IS A JOCK?)

just a girl | NO DOUBT"i'm just a girltake a good look at me,just your typical prototype"

"i'm just a girl
take a good look at me,
just your typical prototype"

Dear Christopher,

How are you and Ben? Have you found a new apartment yet? I do hope you'll have room for me. And for Salem.

Speak of the devil. She loves it at Hogwarts, much more than me at the moment. She enjoys terrorising the common room. The other students secretly love it as much as I do.

School is interesting, if you need a new target on any of your missions feel free to take out my Defence teacher. I think she might be the worst human being I've ever met. Which is a lot considering our parents are Death Eaters.

Anyway, I miss you. And Ben. And everyone else (except Sirius).

Please stay safe.

For me.
Love,
Cora.

"Hey guys! Room for one more?"

It had only been two weeks since the return of students to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but Cora was already over it. In the two weeks past she had quit Defence Against the Dark Arts, only to return two days later with a new mortal enemy and managed to place her name at the top of the rumour mill, through not only her actions, but the red scar that adorned her arm. She forgot how much children stared. She spent many a night laying awake and wishing she had healed it with magic rather than naturally, then she would spend the rest of the night hating herself for thinking like that. For wishing the reminder of her dead friend wasn't on her arm.

She snapped out of her thoughts to gaze into the dark eyes of Cassius Warrington. Cora and Amelia had just been sitting at the Hufflepuff table for a quiet breakfast. It took at least a month for most of the students to sort their sleep schedules out and attend breakfast, but even then the hall was never filled properly. At the moment there were less than 10 others seated at the table.

"Of course!"

Amelia breathed out a response, Cora too out of it to respond. She felt bad for her friend, she did not mean to ignore him like that. But as he plopped down beside Cora and turned to her, she could tell he knew she meant no harm.

"Rough morning?"

She laughed, thinking about the traumatic experience that was last night's astronomy class. She was going to skip it - as she had done all her astronomy classes in the last two weeks, but Fred had forced her to go. George had made her some 'get out of class free' cards to help her get back in the swing of things and get her attendance up. It was quite sweet. But she only had 10 for the rest of the year and she didn't want to cash one this early, so at eleven fifty she found herself walking up the stairs and to the shit show that was astronomy.