DUTY OR POWER

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE/FIFTEEN
DUTY OR POWER (ALTERNATE TITLE: CORA HAS A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS)

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE/FIFTEENDUTY OR POWER (ALTERNATE TITLE: CORA HAS A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS)

american teenager | ETHEL CAIN
"a long, cold war
with your kids at the front"

Cora Holloway loved her friends. But she really missed her boyfriend - and so did they.

She, Amelia and Lee had really been feeling the lack of twin energy in their lives, ever since the two had packed their bags and left school with a literal bang.

"You two have never liked me more! It's like I'm your boyfriend replacement it's ridiculous!"

Breakfast was always a challenge. Lee like to joke that the two girls were using him. Which was a completely incorrect statement, both quite enjoyed his company. Plus why would they stop hanging out with him just cause their other friends weren't there anymore?

"Lee...shut up...please."

By midday his tune would always change. Going on and on how it was nice the twins had graciously departed, giving the trio time to connect further. ("Thank Merlin they finally buggered off!" Was his normal quip).

Cora was really not in the mood this morning though, so she was more than thankful the blonde had politely asked him to can it. See it was the quidditch final this afternoon, and Cora wasn't playing in it. Meaning she was acting pretty foul to everyone around her.

Two weeks prior Slytherin had lost pretty badly (340 to 80) to the Ravenclaw team, something that she found so embarrassing considering their team was extremely sub par. Nevertheless as a result their chances for the quidditch cup were cut short. Leaving the final to be a play off between the blue and red houses.

Their final game had been appalling. The whole crowd was practically violent, screaming obscenities at her teammates - but how could she blame them? They spent all day docking points from students for having untied shoelaces. Cora had tried her best to keep her head high, she played a tight, clean game. But even her best manoeuvres were no match for the distracted thoughts of her teammates, every single one of them thrown by the anti-slytherin chants of the stands.

The only light in the dark of her abysmal last match, was a letter from the Tutshill Tornadoes offering her a spot on their starting line up. Cora was ecstatic, she was expecting a position on a teams reserve, if she was even offered one. She accepted it almost immediately, and was due to start pre-season in August. She was slightly disappointed that she would not be a part of the Appleby Arrows as she had been hoping, but they were yet to reach out, and she was not about to turn down her position for a pipe dream. Plus it was an honour - as the last Hogwarts alumni who had managed to make it into the professional league was Oliver Wood, who made his league debut in the last season, working his way up from the reserves.