Eren was scrambling all over his house and trying to find everything he needed before he and his family left. His heart was beating as hard and fast as a drum inside his rib cage and his legs wouldn't stop trembling. He wasn't always this nervous, but he worked long and hard to perform on this night and there was no way he was gonna let his hands play a small mistake. He memorized everything until it burned into his brain and dreamed about it at night; he was sick and tired of playing the song, but he knew it was going to be enjoyable once he played it in front of a crowd.

"Eren, slow down. You're making too much noise," he mother told him as she wrapped a white scarf around her delicate neck.

"We need to get there early," Eren yelled as he stuffed several pieces of paper into his black back pack.

"Eren, if we head now we would be at least thirty minutes early," she replied with a small smile playing on her lipstick stained lips.

"That's the point!" he exclaimed. "I need to review the song a few times once I get there."

"You've played that song over a hundred times," Mikasa shouted from the bathroom.

"I know, but I just want to make sure," he said.

His mother sighed and shook her head but didn't stop smiling. "Alright whatever. It's your night to shine anyways so we might as well do what you want."

Eren grinned and dashed out the door as soon as the last word left her mouth. He felt pretty pumped for that night and he couldn't wait to get on stage and play until his fingers fell off. He then had to wait five minutes in the car until Mikasa and his mother came along. As usual, his father wasn't able to attend but Eren was already used to it so of course he didn't feel so bothered about it.

The whole car ride to the competition was mainly quiet, excluding the classic piano music blaring through the speakers of the radio. Eren's eyes scanned the score that was gripped in his hands as the fingertips of his other hand tapped, playing the beats and counting of his song. No, it felt wrong to call it his song, it was their song after all.

They were heading toward the performing arts theatre in his town and Eren could hardly wait, but he also couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt building up inside the pit of his heart; was it really correct of him to be going without Levi? Then again, he had the option to drop out but it wasn't a great option to Eren after all the practice and trouble he went through. Before he knew, their car halted to a stop in front of an extravagant looking building. It was huge and had many windows of all shapes and sizes and reminded Eren of glass figurines that would go on sale around Christmas time.

Beams of light shot through the dark, indigo night sky from the ground and the sound of water splashing from fountains could be heard everywhere. Many people with instrument cases and books spilling with sheet music made their way inside. The place had the same atmosphere as a cat walk; everyone the stage was there to show something or rather, show themselves off as Eren could put it. The musicians looked absolutely stunning and the German teen had to admit that they were very beautiful and elegant, kind of like peacocks and cranes.

The boys wore suits and the girls wore skirts and dresses and sometimes even suits. The boy felt so out of place but he knew that this place was his calling. His family got out of the car and stared up at the building with awe. He's been here before and he knew it because he had an incredible memory. It had been long, restless years but he could still remember...

Oh right, this was the place Eren went to when he went against Levi many years back. He felt as if he were just hit by a train and the air was knocked violently from his lungs. Out of all places they could have chosen for tonight, why did it have to be this damned theatre? Eren groaned aloud as Mikasa sent him a questioning look and they soon headed inside.