Obsession Meets Insanity

Start from the beginning

"I don't have to be the smartest man in the world to know you don't want me to say it or be here," he sits down on the edge of the roof. "But I am and I will," he pats the concrete next to him as an invitation to sit.

I huffed out an annoyed breathe and sat down, Reed and I hadn't had an honest one-on-one talk since that time in his lab where I was getting examined. A shit ton has changed since then.

"Not that I care..." Reed started with his usual bore I'm-a-loner/inventor voice, "but everyone is worried about you Johnny."

"Really? I hadn't noticed" I say as dryly as possible.

"You know, all this brooding around can't be healthy" Reed added as he continued talking, like I hadn't said a word. "But there has been less fights and pranks around the apartment, so everything's been practically good for me."

"Say what?!?" I'm here on the verge of mental suicide and Reed is okay with it!?

"Hey, you're not the one paying for damages" Reed says sarcastically.

"Can you be anymore thoughtless?" I ask. I feel a vein in my neck begin to throb painfully as I fist my hand to stop myself from punching the lights out of Reed.

"Susan thinks so. She says I've hit a depth of insensitivity that is beyond human capability," Reed shrugs, "I believe it's just a combination of scientific logic and brutal honesty to the presented facts"

"Oh for fucksakes!! WHO THE HELL CARES!?"I roar as I jump up and dangle next to the edge of the roof. "You're dressed to go to Victoria's funeral and here you are talking to me about all manner of bullshit!"

Reed looks at me, his face deadpan, as he calmly opens his mouth and says, "So?"

My hair caught on fire.

"SO?!" I reach down and yank Reed up by the collar. "Did you just fucking say 'SO'!?" I feared I'd begin foaming at the mouth at any moment.

Reed just keeps a straight face. I look away from those heartless cold eyes and tried to breathe, tried to hold back onto my sanity, tried to focus and remember warm, loving, brown eyes.

"You really did love her didn't you?"

I gasped and looked at him. Could he have possibly known what I was thinking?

A moment of silence stretched between us, the clouds circled and swirled above our heads as a gentle wind lapped behind my ear. I remembered all the other times when a question like this, in one form or the other, was asked and the ensuing chaos that followed. How hard I'd fight it, or pretend or deny.

I feel the tears well up and pour over the edge of my eyes as I look at Reed, not even in the least bit self-conscious or shy. But I did feel hopelessly pathetic. I let go of Reed's collar as I bow my head down and let the tears trail down my cheeks, pool, and drip down. My body shivers as I feel myself go into complete mental and physical breakdown.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Author's Note

So first up I was going to make this chapter mondo long, but everything I want to write is just too much and it'll take me time to finish, so I decided to break at the most convenient place and make it a chapter. I hope this'll do.

I'm on Sallah break now (Eid Mubarak btw everyone! <3<3<3) so I hope to get a lot done.

And just to keep y'all up-to-date on what I'm doing I recently got hooked on the brand new spin-off of Total Drama, it's called the Ridonculous Race. And I'm completely obsessed with this new anime I got called Tokyo Ghoul, I have been living and breathing it for the past 36-48hrs. But it can't hold a candle to the insanity I underwent due to Attack on Titan. Also watched a couple of sweet movies but I don't want this author's note to turn into a rant so I'll post all this stuff on my rant book/online diary/chill zone/critique corner/no idea why I have it even up in the first place. Just check my works, you'll know it when you see it ;) I just felt like letting those out there, and now I accidentally self promoted myself.

Okay back to the story. How did you guys feel finally getting back into Johnny's head and seeing him get emotional? My biggest worry was trying to make his thoughts not sound like Vick's and basically not write him in a girly way. Let me tell you, writing the opposite gender is not a walk in the park, and as I get older, writing about an 18 year old from a 20 year olds perspective not only makes me mourn for my lost youth but my (unwanted) growing maturity could may well affect my protagonist.

But luckily I have you guys with your stellar sight and keen intuition to help and guide me. I really appreciate all the votes, comments and just your all around presence. This story of mine has gone farther than I ever thought when I first started out, and everyday I see new people come aboard to join this journey with me. I see this Story going places, and I have all of you to thank for that, and I'll keep working hard and giving you the best of every chapter.

And hey, who knows, we all might get to see Vick and Johnny on the big screen with Marvel slapped in front of it in a few years? And just to let everyone know if that sweet blessed day ever comes I am DEMANDING Chris Evans plays Johnny Storm (No offense to the Black dude who played him in Fant4stic but I consider that straight up blasphemy)

Okay, this 'Author's Note' has gotten way too long (probably the bulk of the story)

To wrap things up quickly and nicely, don't forget to vote and comment, you know I'm all about it!

And I will see you next time. Trust, the chapter will be epic, peace and love-

~Ya Gal Vicky<3