Eighteen||

•Hunter's POV•

I saw Kaila hunched over and breathing heavily. I heard her soft cries as the service started. Her cries got quieter as the Pastor started speaking. I didn't know what to do, so I prayed for her. I prayed that God would comfort her.

The guest speaker was announced by the guy who ran the camp, and everyone excitedly screamed for the new speaker. I started clapping, looking over at Kaila, she had stopped crying from what I could hear. She was still hunched over though.

"Hello, Fusion Bible Camp!" The guest speaker, Pastor Avery Commons, greeted the camp. Everyone erupted with cheers and claps. "Well, I am certainly glad to be back! How about you guys?!" Everyone cheered again. "Well, for those who don't know me, I'm Avery and this is my second time speaking here at Fusion. Since I haven't been here in a while, we're gonna have a competition before I get started, because who doesn't like competition? I want all of you to stand up, first of all."

Everyone stood except Kaila. She finally sat up to see what was going on.

"Alright, when I say the grade, you are going into, I want you to yell as loud as you can, the grade with the loudest sound wins!" He spread his legs apart and started shifting his weight from both legs "Where my seniors at?!"

The seniors yelled as loud as they could, not as loud as I could scream.

"You guys could do better." People laughed. "Where are my juniors at?!"

I yelled as loud as I could without screeching. Smiling at my friends around me who were doing the same. I looked down at Kaila and smiled. She giggled a little at my scream.

"Could you scream any manlier?"

I shrugged.

"That was pretty good, pretty good. Now, what about them sophomores?!"

I heard Kaila whoop quietly in her chair. I looked down at her, "Aw, is that all you can do?"

"Hey, chill out. I just had a moment; my voice needs a rest." He shrugged too.

Avery went on to the freshman, and their screeches were the highest-pitched that was in the chapel, even he covered his ears.

"Wow, alright everyone, please take a seat. I think I can firmly say that the incoming freshman won." Avery shook his head fervently. He itched the inside of his ear and everyone laughed. "Wow, I must say that I've never heard a scream such as that that was... unearthly. Alright! Everyone turn your Bibles to John chapter 5."