||Six

•Kaila's POV•

After a ten-minute bathroom break and two more short hours later, we arrived at the camp. Kallen squealed. Ellen and I laughed at Kallen's enthusiasm.

We drove into the parking lot and parked the car.

"Okay, so here's the deal," Kallen explained turning the car off, then turning to me, and then to Ellen. He explained with his hands as he spoke. "We should leave our stuff in the car until we find out where our cabins are, then we will get our stuff out. Okay?"

"Okay!" Ellen and I answered in unison.

"Let's go get checked in!" He yelled camp counselor-like.

"Okay!" We said again and hopped out of the car. As we exited, Kallen put his sunglasses on, like some sort of secret agent, and held out his arm for Ellen. "Mi Lady?"

She did a mini curtsy, and took his arm with great pleasure, skipping towards the crosswalk.

They were speeding up so I yelled to them. "Fine! Leave the cripple to fend for herself!"

They stopped and waited. "Sorry Kai!" Kallen yelled. I shook my head and hopped with my crutches. I was out of breath by the time I caught up so we could walk over to them. We crossed the street to where all of the people were. There was a super long line, my heart began racing.

I wasn't paying attention to what Kallen said, but all I heard was, "Ellen, you can go over there." Kallen pointed to the second line.

"Okay," Ellen said and walked over there.

"We'll stay he—" Kallen began. Then he got distracted by a guy who was in line behind us. "Oh, my gosh dude! I didn't think you'd be here this year!"

As I stood in line, I watched Kallen. The anxiety became even more intense, the crowd was too much. "Kallen," My throat became dry, I couldn't mutter any words. The world was closing in. I tried moving closer to Kallen, but he ended up pushing me back into someone who was walking past.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I bumped into them, they caught my elbow and made sure I didn't go any further.

As if it was out of a movie, the mystery person turned me around to reveal his face. When I say this, I don't take it lightly, my heart stopped. He might've been the most gorgeous boy I'd ever laid eyes on. He had light brown almost dirty blonde hair and baby blue eyes.

"Sorry for bumping into you! Are you alright?" He apologized, awkwardly stared into my eyes and my face was getting warm, I could feel it. He stood me back up. My anxiety was still racing in my heart, but even more that a cute boy was right in my face.

"I'm--" I still couldn't talk. I cleared my throat. "I'm fine, thanks."

He smiled. "I'll catch you later."

I giggled, "I get it. You're funny."

He shot finger guns at me and turned around on his heels and continued walking. I stared at the back of his head until there were so many people, I couldn't see him anymore. I turned to Kallen who was looking down at me with a smirk and glare at the same time.

"What?" I asked as he gave me the death glare. I stepped forward.

"I have never seen you act so flustered before. Who is that?"

"Oh please, Kal! He was just someone who ran into me! That's all. Besides, I'm not here to find a boyfriend and whatnot." I rolled my eyes as if it were obvious.

He crossed his arms. "Okay, but you don't need to be so huffy! I'm just trying to keep my baby sister safe."

"Okay fine. But you aren't—" then pain shot through my leg, as I remembered that I had been standing on my leg and not using my crutches. I fell and Kallen caught me, people staring.

"Kallen–" I said in a low voice, anxiety rising in my heart again.

"Huh?"

"Please stand me back up."

"Okay."

He helped me back up and still had a hold of me.

Well, that was a great first impression of me, to people. Fantastic.