Eleven||

•Amber's POV•

After orientation, and meeting our teams, we went to our first games. I explained how the games worked to Kaila. "Every day we have about two to four games where we compete against another team. We play two games with one team and two games with a different team." She nodded as we walked up to our first game. Today, we are facing Alexandra's team.

"Hey, Xan!" I said giving her a high five.

"Hey, Amber and Kaila! You ready for the obstacle course?!"

"Ugh, no! I hate this one! At least we are getting it over with." I groaned, practically falling backward.

"What's the obstacle course?" Kaila asked.

We continued walking Alexandra and I explained what was going to happen.

I noticed Kaila's face getting redder, either from the view of the course, or the rules of how the game worked.

"Oh, there's my team leader, gotta go! Good luck you guys!" Alexandra ran off to her team.

~~

Once the game instructor explained the rules, we walked to the side of the large field, I saw two giant planks, with a rope tied to multiple spots.

"Okay, who wants to be in the front?" Coach asked the team.

"How about Liam?" Ian volunteered.

Liam was the tallest of all of us. Kelsey was the shortest.

"First of all, I'm Ignacio, and second I am not going first! I am probably the least coordinated out of all of us." Liam complained. "How about you do it, Ian?"

Ian shrugged. "Fine, but you know it's only because I'm stronger."

Everyone said "ooh" synchronously, scattering into line by height, we got onto the skis, behind one another.

Mia was in front of me and another girl, I forgot her name, was behind me.

I noticed Kaila off to the side, I felt so bad she couldn't participate. I wonder why she came to camp if she couldn't do the games. I waved at her, and she gave me a sad smile back.

Then we were instructed to put our hands on the person in front of us. So cautiously, I placed my hands on Mia's shoulders.

When they blew the whistle, we began our march.