||Ten

Kaila's POV•

After a very informative, but quite boring orientation, we were told to separate into our teams. Amber grabbed my arm, and I flinched away. "Oh, I'm sorry." She smiled, I looked away embarrassed.

Panicking I apologized. "Oh, no! I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"Don't worry about it! Come on, this way. I know where our team is."

We went to a circle of people that stood by the number four. I stood by Amber because I was very nervous and had no idea what was going on. I looked around to see where Kallen and Ellen were. Kallen was by team two, Ellen was in seventeen.

I saw Hunter in ten and I didn't see Alex anywhere until I turned around to see him on our team.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't Ms. Kaila!" Alex grinned, standing right next to me. He stood a little too close for comfort. "Hi, Amberlyn."

"Alexander." She smiled and looked away. She introduced herself to the girl next to her, so I was left talking to someone who turned my stomach in a not-good way.

"So, I noticed a lil' eye contact action with my bud, Hunter." He wiggled his eyebrows up and down. He got closer to me, my heart rate quickened, and I shied away. "Oooh, I think Ms. Kaila has a crush." He dragged out the last syllable, getting closer to me.

I moved my body, so it wasn't touching his and whispered, "Leave me alone, Alex."

"All right, all right." He backed away, smirking.

More people joined our team until everyone was in their teams.

"Okay! Team four!" The adult male leader announced, "I am Pastor Murray Jones, but you can call me Coach! This is your other team leader, Mrs. Elsa Burbank."

Elsa waved and smiled. She looked young, dark hair up in a high ponytail. Two pieces of curly hair framed her face. Her face said inviting and kind.

"Do you sing, Elsa?" Alex laughed. The others giggled.

"Yes. But only to my three-year-old and my showerhead." She smiled at him.

"So, why don't we go around in a circle and tell us your name and how many years you have come to camp." Coach suggested. He pointed to his left. "Let's start with you!"

"I'm Ignacio—" The boy next to Coach said seriously. His friends in the group snorted.

The guy who said it had his hands cupped around his mouth to make it echo. "No, you aren't! Your name is Liam!" Our entire team laughed, me included.

Liam threw a glaring look at his friend and rolled his eyes. "Jerk."

"Alright, Ignacio," Coach emphasized his fake name. "How many years have you come here?"

"This will be my fifth year."

Next was a kid named Ian. He reminded me a lot of Kaleb. He had gone here for three years. Next was Raymond. He insisted everyone call him Ray. Next down the row was Oliver. Oliver had light-brown hair like Hunters, I mentally pictured that beautiful face but got sidetracked and didn't hear how many years Oliver said he had come to camp. I shook my distracted mind awake to keep paying attention, I wasn't going to do this to myself.

Alex was the last boy on the team, he said he had gone two years. Then it was my turn.

"Oh, um, hi I'm Kaila, and this is my first year," I said, shyly.

"Awesome! Welcome to camp Kaila! Is your last name perhaps, Jorden? You look like a Jorden kid."

Surprised, I responded. "Yeah! How did you know?"

Coach's face lit up with a smile, his eyebrows raised, and his body posture shifted. "Your father and I grew up together! Then he moved from Wisconsin to meet a cute girl at college in Minnesota."

I smiled and nodded. "Cool!"

It really was cool; I knew Dad moved right out of college to live closer to Mom before they got married. Then they moved back to Wisconsin after they had Kambel. So crazy that someone here would know who he was.

After that, Amber introduced herself, along with two other girls named Mia and Kelsey.

The coaches explained how the rest of the week looked, and to be fair, I was kind of scared about how much exercise there was going to be. Hopefully, they wouldn't make me do it.