||Four

•Kaila's POV•

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Kallen knocking on my door.

"Go away!" I said covering my head with my pillow.

"Kaila, you up? We have to leave in a half an hour!"

I shot my head up and hobbled to the door and flung it open.

"Seriously?!"

"Yes!"

I then flung the door shut and hobbled to my bathroom, took the fastest shower ever, pulled on some black leggings and a big grey dance sweatshirt, threw my bleach blonde hair up in a messy bun, grabbed my glasses and my contact holder, shoved them in a pocket of my suitcase. I then slipped on some socks and my favorite Nike shoes and my brace and zipped down the stairs, well, as fast as I could, to find Kallen with a stopwatch.

"Seventeen minutes and forty-three seconds. Not bad, not bad."

"OH, MAN! I forgot a pillow!" I groaned smacking my forehead.

I huffed and hobbled back up the stairs going one by one with my gimp leg, grabbed my favorite fluffy, soft pillow, and took a breather at the top of the stairs.

Kallen laughed. "That's thirty seconds added to your time!" Once I made it back down the stairs, he was still standing there, but this time with a backpack on.

"Grab a Cliff bar or something and meet me out in the car as soon as you can. Don't forget to say goodbye to Mom and Dad!"

I groaned and slowly went down the stairs again and went to the kitchen to find Mom and Dad sitting at the breakfast table reading.

I grabbed a couple of Cliff bars and shoved them in my sweatshirt.

I almost walked out of the kitchen, but before I could I heard, "Goodbye Kai!" Mom's light taunting voice, I peeked over to where she was and we exchanged smiles.

"Bye, Mama." I walked over and gave her a hug.

"Goodbye, sweetie! Have a good time!! Love you!" She kissed my cheek and let me go.

"Thank you. I love you too."

I then walked over to dad. "Goodbye, Daddy! Love you!"

"I love you too, Peach." He said, I pulled the paper down just a little to see his beautiful deep hazel eye. He pulled it down just enough for me to see his beard and a hint of a smile. He was always reserved, but lately, I hadn't seen his face. I was grateful to see at least part of it before I left for a week.

I heard a honk from outside. "Oops, Kallen is impatient. Bye! Love you both! Say goodbye to Kaleb for me!"

I said one last time. Waving inside and then closing the door shut.

I ran to the car. It was still quite dark out. It took about four hours to get there. I hopped into the passenger seat and strapped myself in.

"Ready?" Kallen said enthusiastically.

"Yep!"

"Alright! Camp here we come!"

He slowly backed out of the driveway.

Once we were on the road, "Dang it! I forgot; we have to go pick up Ellen!"

Kallen went into the nearest driveway and turned around and drove back down the street to Ellen's house.