Fourteen||

•Kaila's POV•

"Hunter? How in the world did you get here?" Still a little fuzzy from the panic episode. Knowing Hunter was here, my body eased. 

He squatted next to me to be at my level.

"Well, I was hanging out with Alex, because my games were already over, and he was clearly out of breath, and he said that you hadn't come yet so I volunteered to go look for you."

"What about Amber?"

"Amber?" He asked confused and then remembered. "She was getting water."

"Oh, okay." I shrugged it off.

"Do you need any help?" He asked, motioning to my leg.

"I'm good, thank you, I just don't know where my crutches went." He went searching in the woods for it and came back with them. 

He smiled, nodding. "Well, glad I came then." He walked slowly next to me as we walked back to the beginning. "So, how'd you get so lost?"

I chuckled. "Well, Alex and I had decided to be shooters for the paintball, and Amber was a runner. Alex said that he'd help and stay by me, which he did until he ran off chasing someone with the paint gun. I was still hiding, unsure of what else to do. When I didn't see anyone else, I—" We weren't that close yet to let him know that I had a panic attack. That was unnecessary information. "I got scared and wasn't sure where I was."

"Dang." He replied. "Alex is a jerk for doing that to you."

I shrugged as best I could. We remained silent until we got to the beginning. There was no one there.

~~

When I had eventually found Jones and Elsa, I told them what had happened. They told me to not do any more games, especially the water games on Thursday. I was bummed out, games seemed to be the best part of camp. That's what everyone, including Kallen, made it out to be.

Hunter had walked with me to find them, so when they left, we kind of awkwardly stood next to each other.

"Do you know what's happening next?" I asked.

"I believe it's free time until dinner." Hunter smiled. "Have you had a tour of camp yet?"

I gave him a stink eye, seeing as I obviously had no idea where I was. "Yes, Hunter. That's why I needed you to come and rescue me."

He laughed; it was a cute laugh. We walked slowly around the camp, he showed me how to get to the lake, which buildings were what, what activities were where. It was very helpful.

Towards the end of the tour, Hunter and I stopped in front of my cabin.

"Hey, I have a question." He smiled, looking into my eyes. His eyes were so blue. I could feel my face burning, had it been from the intense summer sun, or his beauty, who knew.

"What's up?"

"Would you want to sit next to me in chapel?"

I smiled. "You know that the girls in my cabin are from your church, right?"

Laughing, Hunter responds. "I suppose you're right. I'll save you a seat next to me then." He turns and starts towards his cabin, which happened to be right next to mine.

I hobbled back into mine.