Why Does Life Hate Me?

I freeze. Nathan stares at me and freezes too. I haven't seen him in so long. I use every ounce of strength and look at Alex, she gulps her throat.

"Well this isn't awkward at all." Alex weakly proclaims. Alex quickly stands up and runs out the room. Great best friend, totally. The rest of the boys, but unfortunately not Nathan leave, going into the kitchen. Leaving me with Nathan.

"Long time no see." I mutter.

"Yep, so how is colledge?" Nathan asks. Wait... what? You are asking about colledge. So he is trying to play the it didn't happen card.

"Smashing, just smashing." I play along. I look down. Awkward silence...

"Why?" I spit out, my eyes getting watery. No answer, just Nathan looking down, he looks at his hands.

"Please answer me, why Nathan, why did you do it?" I plead. Nathan looks up, tears forming at his eyes. A tiny water bead slips down his cheek.

"Ashley i was drunk, the kiss" Nathan gestures with his hands. "didn't mean anything, it was a stupid drunk mistake, i had had eight beers." Nathan finally replies after a minute. It didn't mean anything? He was full on snogging her!

"It didn't look like anything." I cross my arms. "You were full on snogging her." I say.

"Ashley please, forgive me. I was drunk." Nathan pleads. He did cheat on me, but he was drunk. I miss his warm embrace. His soft lips and the food fights we would have. I also loved how he would light up my day by just hearing or seeing his voice. The times we would have just at the park or at home watching the telly.

"Nathan, this is hard to say, but i forgive you." I put it out. I forgive him. Nathan's face lights up, he instantly smiles.

"But Nathan i won't take you back. I forgive you but i want to live my life. Plus it would be impossible to have a relationship with me in New York and you in London. I want to move on. See what life i have ahead of me, i hope you understand. I want you to stop trying to get me back. I want you to move on. Nathan move on. I know there is another perfect girl out there, waiting for you. She will light up your day, make you happy, in fact make you the happiest man alive. Go find her, go light up her world, Nathan." I apply. Nathan's face instantly sinks.

"But i already found that girl. That girl is you. I want you. I miss your smile. Your voice, your warm embrace that makes me smile. I still love you Ashley. I miss your randomness and your graphic tees. I miss your eyes the most of all. Always sparkling. Ashley i want you, you are the girl of my dreams. You make me the happiest man in this universe. I love to to Pluto and back. We can make the long distance relationship work." Nathan argues.

"Nathan no, go find that girl, go find another. Make me happy and move on." I state. Nathan gives up and cries. He is breaking my heart, but if we got back together i know that we would fall apart again. I want to move on.

"Bye Nathan, remember the past lies behind us, the future is ahead of us." I wave and close the computer screen.

"Bye Ashley." Nathan weakly croaks at the last minute. I fall back on my sofa, huffing. It was hard but Nathan will be happy soon.

I look at the clock, dinner time, but i am not hungry.

Cheer Nathan up- I text Alex.

Okay- Alex texs back.

I need to make the best of my life, be the strong girl my mum wants me to be. But for now i'll live in the moment.

It's been the longest winter without you

I didn't know where to turn to

See, somehow I can't forget you

After all that we've been through

Going, coming

Thought I heard a knock

Who's there? No one

Thinking that I deserved it

Now I realize that I really didn't know

If you didn't notice, you mean everything

Quickly I'm learning, to love again

All I know is, Imma be okay

Thought I couldn't live without you

It's gonna hurt when it heals too (oh yeah)

It'll all get better in time

Even though I really love you

I'm gonna smile 'cause I deserve to (ooh ooh)

It'll all get better in time

I couldn't turn on the TV

without something there to remind me

Was it all that easy

to just put aside your feelings

If I'm dreaming

Don't wanna laugh, hurt my feelings

But that's the path, I believe in

And I know that, time will heal it

If you didn't notice boy you mean everything

Quickly I'm learning, to love again

All I know is, I'm gon' be okay

Thought I couldn't live without you

It's gonna hurt when it heals too (oh yeah)

It'll all get better in time

Even though I really love you

I'm gonna smile 'cause I deserve to (ooh ooh)

It'll all get better in time

Since there's no more you and me (no more you and me)

It's time I let you go so I can be free

And live my life how it should be

No matter how hard it is, I'll be fine without you

Yes, I will

Thought I couldn't live without you

It's gonna hurt when it heals too (oh oh oh)

It'll all get better in time (oh oh ooh)

Even though I really love you (you)

I'm gonna smile 'cause I deserve to (yes, I do)

It'll all get better in time (oh oh yeah)

Thought I couldn't live without you

It's gonna hurt when it heals too (yeah ah yeah)

It'll all get better in time (ooh ooh oh)

Even though I really love you

I'm gonna smile 'cause I deserve to (ooh ooh, yes)

It'll all get better in time

So?

Ashley has moved on

Started a new life

Maybe Nathan accepts it

Maybe...

Remember to vote

Comment

Add

and follow me too!

Please?