Will You Remember me?

"CAN YOU MAKE BREAKFAST ASHLEY?" I wake up to Alex screaming in my ear. I shoot up and scream.

"OW! THAT REALLY HURT!" Alex shouts. Alex puts her left hand on her nose, my head had hit her nose.

"Well that is what you get for rudely waking me up." I retort.

"PLEASE MAKE BREAKFAST!" Alex pleadds. I grumble and get up.

"One day when i'm not here you are going to starve to death Alex." I say.

"Whatever." Alex scoffs.

After breakfast i clean up the dishes.

"Thankyou for breakfast!" The boys say in unison.

"Your so close you talk in sync." I  say. The boys bid their farewell and leave.

"Now what?" Alex says.

"I'm gonna go visit my mum, so bye, your cleaning up." I say. I hope my mum is okay.

"Fine i will clean up, only because you are going to go see your mum." Alex says. I collect my personal belonging and leave.

"Bye Alex!" I shout while i am closing her front door.

"Bye!" Alex shouts. I drive to the hospital. The roads are pretty quiet and empty, only a few vehicles are being driven. I arrive at the hospital some minutes later and step out my car. The bright rays of the sun blind me and i grab my sunglasses, covering my eyes. I walk to the hospital doors and they slide open, revealing the receptionist. I remember my mum's room number and i don't even tell the receptionest i am here. I open the door once i get to the hospital room and see my mum.

My mum is laying on the bed and she looks so pale. What is left of her hair after chemo therapy is thin and wirey and sprayed out on the white, thin hospital pillow. Her face is sunken in and her cheek bones are very prominent. Her eyes are closed and her breathing is short and shallow, almost as if she is struggling to breathe. I sit in the hospital chair beside my mum and grasp her hand firmly.

No response.

My mum's hand is cold and almost lifeless, i know my mum doesn't have long to live. Tears spill out of my eyes like a waterfull and i pull my mums hand to my mouth and kiss it.

"Stay strong mum." I whisper. I lay down her hand back onto the bed, but i am still holding onto it. Even though sunrays are shinning through the hospital glass window, it doesn't help my mums help, she is still so pale. I shift my weight on the chair and it creaks.

"When life seems to get hard, stay strong. When life is dark, stay tough. Life isn't easy, but it will always get better. The love in your heart will guide yourself." I whisper sing, my voice getting raspy and dry.

"Every tear is a waterfall mum." I quote Coldplay. I grab one of my mum's hands again and i pull it to m y chest.

"Mum, your strength isn't just in your mind, your will. Your strength is also in your heart. If you believe you will pull through. If your heart stays strong you will survive. When all else fails and you think it is over, believe, don't think about the cold, think about the warmth, the fire, most importantly think about my love for you. You weren't always there for me but i still love you. The power of love is unbreakable, love is the most powerfull thing in the world. So mum, when everything seems like life will not go on, believe in yourself, always remember that, i'm proud of you." I finally let it out. Tears cascade down my face, dripping onto my shirt and lap, also onto my mum's hands.

I put my mum's hands down, the pain of seeing a loved one dying is unbearable. I collapse on the chair and cry my heart out. I sniffle after a while.