Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sarah's POV

After about 5 minutes of absolute silence I got up and went into the bathroom. When I was walking to the bathroom that was attached to my room I felt Kevin's eyes watching me until I closed the door. Once I was in the bathroom I looked into the mirror. I looked old and tired. There were bags under my eyes and my eyes were red. It looked like I had been crying, but I didn't remember shedding a tear. I can't honestly say that I didn't though. By this point in my life I cried about everything. I looked at my hair. It looked lifeless. My hair always fell in just the right way but my hair just looked dead. Not as blonde as I thought it should. 

I decided to hop in the shower. Which I didn't know exactly how that worked under water yet but I didn't really care. I washed my hair and scrubbed my face. I wanted to scrub the tired look off my face. If Kevin had to marry me the least I could do was look good right? I scrubbed my face until it hurt. In my usual tradition I turned the water down so that it was freezing cold. I usual stood in it for a minute to help my skin wake up. 

I started to think about how dumb I was being. I truley was being stupid about this whole thing. I was giving Kevin grief. I felt terrible, I wish I could back and change everything. I put my back against the wall if the shower and slid to the floor. The water was puring on me like rain. Rain, something I was never going to be able to enjoy again.  My mind was bouncing from one thing to another. From sad things to happy ones. 

I heard a knock at the door and it snapped me back in to reality.

"You ok in there? The shower has been on longer than a hour." The person on the other side of the door was Kevin. He must have been exaggerating I have only been in here like 10 minutes. Then Irealized how cold I was. I was almost to the point of numb.

"I'm-m fine." I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I looked in the mirror again and my face was pale white. I thought it  might be red from the scrubbing but all the cold water must have helped that. My lips were a little blue but they were fine. The bags under my eyes had faded a little but I knew that I needed to catch up on my sleep. My hair was still pale but better. 

I went out of the bathroom and went over to my dresser. Kevin was sitting on the side of my bed closest to the bathroom. I was trying to keep from shivering long enough to get something to wear and get back in to the bathroom to dress. I got to the dresser but the second I reached for a bikinitop my arm started to shake. I quickly grabbed my favorite one and quickly returned my arm back to my side. 

Kevin came up behind me. "Are you cold?" He  put his hands on my shoulders and shook at the shock of the the coldness. 

"I'm-m fine." Oh yeah that was convincing shaking on the m in I'm. I went back to the bathroom and slammed and locked the door. I got dressed in my favorite top. It was the one I first wore when I looked myself in the mirror. I hadn't worn it in a while and I wanted Kevin to think I looked OK.I put the pin he had bought me long ago in my hair I also put mascara on and headed back in to my room. I was still cold but I had warmed up a little bit. I went and sat on the big  comfy chair that I had positioned to face the window. Kevin came over and put a warm pink blanket on me and sat in the chair next to me. 

"You looked cold." I looked at him and he had a little grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile back and then looked out the window. It was silent for a moment. 

"Funny isn't it? Just a few months ago I didn't even know mermaids existed." I could feel Kevin's eyes watching me as I spoke. " And now, I'm about to be married to their king." I let what I had said sink in. Then I decided to ask Kevin something I had been wondering. "You don't want to be king do you?" I looked over to him and he was shaking his head yes. 

I knew what I had said sparked something in Kevin's mind. 

"You know you don't have to." I wasn't looking at him but I knew what I had said got his attention. "You could just disappear. Take your sisters and your mom and just be gone. You shouldn't have to do something you don't want to." I looked at him. I knew he would never do this but if he didn't want to marry me then this was his chance. "You wouldn't be forced to do something you don't want to. You wouldn't have to marry me, and you wouldn't have to listen to your father."

I looked up at Kevin again and his face was confused. I looked back out the window waiting for him to say something. After a few minutes I was sick of the silence. I started to get up and leave.

"You just shouldn't be forced to do anything." I left the room and headed to the back. I was sick of just looking outside. I wanted to be outside. 

I got outside and I heard the door shut long after I had already shut it. Of course it was Kevin. 

"You know your right, I shouldn't be forced to do anything. But I'm not being forced to do anything. Trust me if I don't want to do something I don't do it. And that includes marrying you. If I didn't want to marry you I wouldn't." He was suddenly next to me. I never looked at him. I kept looking straight ahead. He grabbed my hand and I looked down at it just to make sure it was him. "I love you more than anyone else in this world and even if I'm not in love with the idea of ruling a kingdom, we are going to do it together. Just you and me until the end."

"Until the end." I repeated the last thing he said and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Come on. I want to show you something." He started to pull me to the garden that was in the yard. I had seen it a hundred times before. But he pulled me to a flower I had never seen before in the garden. It was a shade of purple but it had accents of pink in it. 

"It's beautiful." 

"It was Emeline's favorite flower." I was trying to think who that was. Then I remembered. It was his friend that had died of malnourishment.

"I don't blame her it's beautiful." It was just a single flower and it looked helpless.

"Well Emeline wasn't my friend. She was actually my sister and I was wondering if we could have these flowers in the wedding." His sister? No wonder he flipped out on me. I would have too. I new exactly what to do with these flowers.

"Of course. I have a perfect plan for them. But you have to do something for me."

"And what's that? He had a curios grin on his face.

"I want us to write our own vows." I smiled back. I knew he didn't think I was going to say that. I love throwing him off.

"I already know what to write in them." He bent over and kissed the top of m head. I pecked him on the cheek and swam out of the garden laughing. He chased me all over the yard. I was laughing the whole time. I finally hid behind a giant rock. I could see him looking for me but I knew he wouldn't be able to find me. 

"OK. Fine then, I guess I will go inside and let the sharks find you." He started to head back to the house.

"Hey!" I yelled while moving out from my hiding space. "It's not nice to let me get eaten by a shark!" I quickly caught up to him and he grabbed me and started to bring me in the house. 

"Have no fear, your prince charming is here to save you."

"Why, however can I thank you?" 

"I think a kiss will do."

"Seems fair enough." I kissed him and it just felt natural. Like we were meant to be together. My lips belonged on his. After our lips parted I started to yawn.

"Come on, lets go take a nap princess."

_________________

Hope you liked this chapter. 

Vote, comment or fan please!

Love you guys

Sammie