Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Kevin's POV

Sarah and I were sitting on her bed. Usually I could read people very easily but Sarah was different. I couldn't understand how she was feeling and it especially bothered me that she didn't talk. It made it impossible to understand her. I didn't like not knowing. 

"Hey Sarah I'm gonna let you rest in here I know its been a busy day for you. Just use the phone and dial 2 for my shell phone." She nodded in response and I left the room. I chose the room next to mine for hers in case she needed me. I went into my room and just as i was about to lay on the bed and catch some sleep my mom came in. 

"Hunny we need to talk." I knew what she wanted to talk about. "Hunny we need to talk about Sarah. You know its against the law for human mermaids to live among us. If your father finds out-"

"He isn't going to find out." I cut her off which I didn't normally do. "Mom he left three years ago to go back to rule Atlantis and go back to his queen. He probably wont even see her." I hated bringing this up to my mother. My mom was his mistress and us his bastard children. He left us with a big house and an even bigger bank account. And we haven't seen him since.

"Well be safe, I can see you care about this girl." She left the room. I instantly went to go check on Sarah. I couldn't go a minute with out thinking or worrying about her. She was already sleeping. I wish she would talk to me. I hope she will talk soon. I cant take it anymore, I wanted to know all about her. 

Sarah's POV

The weather was cloudy. We were out on the motor boat my mother got for my parents 18thwedding anniversary. "Umm honey I don't think we should be out here." My mother was a worrier. She worried about everything. I was just trying to catch a fish for the new tank in my room. About an hour later the weather was horrendous. My mother and I were huddling in the cabin while my dad tried to get us back to our dock safe and sound. My dad called for us. He needed our help. He didn'tknow where we were headed. Even though its hard to tell I had a feeling that we were farther than we had ever been. 

"Shit the gas, its gone." my dad looked over to my mother and I. My mom always had the answershe always knew what to do. 

"Get in the cabin, we will wait it out." Twenty minutes later the weather hadn't changed. We were allhuddling in a too small cabin. Then my mother screamed. "My ring is on the controls!" She got up and ran out to get her ring. My father yelled and got up to chase her back in. But he was too late. A hard wind blow and took my light mother with it into the sea. With in seconds her and her ring were gone. 

"Mom! Mom!" I woke in a cold sweat screaming. Kevin ran into the room and was at my side holding me. 

"Shhh its okay, Sarah, it was just a dream." I cried in Kevin's arms until morning. I couldn't sleep after that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote comment tweet you know the drill (;

much love, Sammie