Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sarah's POV

Two days later Kevin and I were sitting in my sitting area having breakfast. I still haven't been talking. Kevin was telling me about a time he caught a dolphin when his sisters came busting in the room.

"Oh my god! I heard your tail is a tail now let us see let us see!" It was true i now have a tail, though i still haven't looked at it. Kevin told the girls what I was thinking he knew I wasn't going to say anything.

"Girls Sarah hasn't looked and doesn't want to. You guys can look but don't tell her about it okay?" He looked at me for approval in response i lifted the blanket in my lap to allow them to see, I myself couldn't see. "Oh my gosh! You have to let us give you a make over." I reluctantly nodded my head and the girls were so excited they kicked Kevin out and brought me into what looked like a beauty parlor down the hall from my room.

Each of the girls was doing something different. Jasmine was sewing shells or maybe scales to what looked like a bikini top for me. She was far enough away though so that I couldn't see the color. She just told me it matched my tail perfectly. Rose was messing with my hair. Though I don't know how you can do anything underwater. And lily was doing my make up. I felt pampered.  I could tell that the girls were almost done. But I realized what i had agreed to. I agreed to look in the mirror. Well I guess its time I did anyway, I couldn't hide forever. 

"OK lets get that horrible t shirt off of you and put this on, Rose cover her eyes. There we go. Okay Lily go get mom and Kevin and tell them to get in Sarah's room." We cleaned up the little mess we made and went to my room Everyone was already there. I could tell from there expressions I looked different.

"Sarah you look beautiful and your tail! Not many mermaids have ones like that." Ariel said this while she was swimming over to me. She came up to me and grabbed my hands and said  "Sarah you may not be my daughter but know that  I already love you like one and my arms will always be open to you."

Kevin was just sitting there. Not saying anything, I looked at him waiting for something anything. I was worried he wouldn't like it, whatever it was. He didn't say a word. 

"Come and look." Jasmine swam me over to the full length mirror and took the cover off. And there I was, a mermaid. My light blonde hair was Shining in the sun rays, Rose had left it down in its natural wave. When I  used to go to town people would say it looked like a mermaid's hair. My make up was basic my skin was flawless and I had on jet black mascara that made my light blue eyes pop. My tail started out grey at the bottom and faded up to bright blue at the top and all of it shiny glistening in the sun. Jasmine and done an amazing job at my top it matched perfectly.

So there I was with my grey/blue tail my blue eyes and blonde hair. I felt pretty for the first time in my life, and the only guy I had didn't say a word. He must not like it. 

Then it hit me, I was a mermaid now. No longer a human. I would never be on land again, I would never be in my bed again at home. I could never run or jump in the sun. No riding my bike through the woods to my favorite beach. All of that was over. I would never see my father again.

I started to cry and swam out of the room. The girls started to follow me but their mother said let her be. Kevin came after me. I swam up tp the top floor and went all the way down the hallway and opened the last door. Inside was nothing it was an empty room. 

I swam over to the corner and sat down and put my head down to the bend in my tail, Almost like my knees, which made me cry more. Then kevin came in. How did he know where I was? I couldn't stop crying. My life had changed forever. 

___________________________________________________

next chapter in kevin's POV i think (: 

much love, Sammie