20

"Today we are reviewing squares and roots because even though you learned this in Year 8, we're going over this so that you can pick up on your curriculum a bit easier instead of you all asking me questions throughout the year," The math teacher explained, all in one breath. "So we're gonna go over the perfect squares with the square roots over 15."

The teacher began writing on the board, causing most of the students to groan, roll their eyes, and take their notebooks out.

- - -

The same happened with foods. She usually LOVED making the dishes and desserts, but Year 10 just didn't seem like life was going to be fun for Kat; in her eyes, she predicted that her activities after school would consist of studying, eating, and more studying. At least that was what her dad wanted.

The future was even closer to Kat now that she was only three years away from it. After she graduates, she would have to go to college, and then university. After all of that hell, she would have to get a real job and balance the love and necessities in her life before she could get married.

"Hey! Kat!" Yvonne waved her hand infront of her friend's face. "I told you to get the flour and vanilla!"

It took a while before Katianna zoned in and focused on the objective at the moment. "Oh, yeah, sorry." Kat quickly got the ingredients before helping Ashton wash and dry the dishes.

- - -

"Ivy, where are you going?" Kat asked as her friend headed to the direction of the 'popular squad' table. "We're sitting right here."

"Naomi gave me an invitation to sit there," Yvonne explained. "You can come too."

"But the popular squad never invited us in the beginning of the year, so why should we go now?"

"Because Cameron's wearing a snapback today and I LOVE it when he wears snapbacks!" Yvonne squealed, turning on her heel and walking to the table.

"You like Cameron Dallas? I never knew you were into those stuck-up dipshits! C'mon Ivy, I know you're better than this."

"He's American and he's hot. He's not a dipshit either," Kat's friend rolled her eyes, continuing to walk to the popular squad table. As Ashton was going to the basketball team meeting and Calum wasn't even going to be at the school for the week, Kat followed her best friend, not wanting to be alone.

"Ricky, stop it!" A girl told the boy with spiked up light-brown hair. "You're embarrassing me!"

"Connor," Another girl flipped her hair. "I'm obviously more fabulous than you are."

"What the heck do these people even talk about?" Kat asked Yvonne as her friend admired each and every person at the big table.

"Oh, hi!" A girl with curly blonde hair waved, smiling at Ivy and Kat. "Guys, this is Yvonne and Katianna."

"Hi!" Everyone beamed, waving hi to the two girls, obviously not the popular squad Kat had in mind. She thought that the people at that very table were those generic snobby, bitchy, and stuck-up people with that mean girl trio and the buff jock trio. She was starting to think of them differently.

"Ricky, Connor, let's give these to beautiful ladies some room," The only boy at the table who was wearing a snapback said (Yvonne was right,) pushing the two boys on either side of him.

"Oh, uh, thanks," Kat thanked awkwardly, sitting on the right side of the boy and Yvonne smiled, sitting on the boy's left side. "Cameron...?"

"That's my name," The boy said proudly, giving Kat a smile. Everyone else at the table continued their weird conversations about being fabulous and selfies and stuff, as if the two girls never joined the group.

"It's so nice to meet you, Cameron!" Yvonne giggled, making Cameron turn around.

"Oh, uh, hi," The boy smiled awkwardly, then turned back to Kat. "So, is Kat your name? It's a gorgeous name."

"Oh," Kat nodded slowly, feeling bad for Yvonne who was just talking Ricky instead of her crush. "Thanks."

"Hey, listen," Cameron turned his volume down to a mutter. "If you're free tonight, you can come back to the school at 8 and my crew and I are gonna go out to get our party on."

Katianna gave Cameron a weird look, thinking that this american was a fuckboy. "I'll think about it."

"Alright," The boy flashed the girl a smile.

"Get to class!" Everyone at the table stopped their conversations as the principal yelled. "All 10 - No - 12 of you are gonna get an after school detention if you don't!"

- - - -

It was after school and Kat walked home, texting Calum as she was still thinking about what Cameron asked her.

Calum: Hey
Kat: Hii
Calum: What happened at school today
Kat: Ivy has a crush on this guy named Cameron Dallas. He seems nice, but he also looks like one of those fuckboys with the intense jawlines and perfect teeth and hair and stuff.
Calum: So...Am I a fuckboy??
Kat: stfu
Kat: Anyways, he like asked me to hang out with him and his friends tonight and I feel like going, but I don't feel like going.
Calum: Do you even like him as a person?? Because Mr.Common Sense would tell you to say no.
Kat: Idek.
Kat: I have nothing to do at home.
Calum: Well I ain't yo motha so idk
Kat: Okay lmao bye.

Once Kat got into the apartment, she saw her dad - Oh god - on the couch with a jumbo bag of chips and a box of cupcakes.

"Dad!" Katianna yelled. "What the hell are you doing?"

Luke unglued his eyes from the TV and looked at his daughter who was staring at him in disbelief. "I didn't -"

"Give me some!" The girl dropped her backpack and ran to the couch, grabbing a handful of Barbecue Lays and stuffing it all in her mouth. Luke peered into the bag as there were only a few crumbs left. As he gave his 15-year-old a glare, Kat smiled with her mouth full. "Thanks, dad."

Later that night, Kat decided not to go to the school, mainly because Luke bought more food from the store that morning and they both decided to binge on all of it together for the rest of the night.

A/N I think I already said this but um

.

.

Father and Daughter goalsssss

My dad and I are nowhere even close as Luke and Kat..

I want Luke to be my dad.

Vote/Comment??

Btw I love this pic of Zoella so that's why I used it for the chapter.

K bye.