10

It was about 2 and a half years after Luke and Teagan split up and, surprisingly, Luke was doing fine. He may have had zoned out once in a while, just...nothing in his mind, but other than that, he was completely fine.

"Hello..Daddy...Hello??" Kat waved her hand infront of her dad as they ate breakfast at 8:00 in the morning. "Did you zone out again?"

Luke looked at his french toast with a blank expression, then blinked, looking back up at Katianna. "What?"

"I was just saying that you need to drive me to school earlier than you did last year."

"Why?" Luke continued eating his breakfast, paying full attention to Katianna again.

"Because Yvonne and I like to play at the playground before school actually starts."

"You shouldn't even be out in the playground; you should be in the classroom, learning multiplication and such. You're in Year 3, Katy cat," He explained. He really wanted her to succeed and have a good life and have a child at a reasonable time, unlike him.

"It's ONLY year 3, though. And I know that you know I'm smart, so don't give me a reason to not play," She finished up her toast and began washing the dishes.

"Fine. But I just want you to work hard all the time, and not fail, like I did. It's one of the worst things to not have on Earth," Luke put the dishes in the sink, making Katianna do just a little bit more work.

- - -

As Luke still had his job at the stables, Michael and his family never really minded Luke walking into their house to get some homemade cookies, compliments of Karen Clifford.

"Hey, Luke!" Michael stepped in the door of the house, calling for Luke who was watching something on YouTube through the SmartTV. "I got a person here for a lesson today and I was wondering if you could give him a private lesson since he has . I gotta go run to the store and get some more groceries and shit so I won't be back for a while."

"Oh..Kay," Luke turned the TV off, walking out the door and running back to the stables. "Hey."

"Hi!" A boy who didn't look like he was from Sydney, nor Australia, at all, beamed as he saw Luke's face. "My name's Shawn." Shawn.. Luke thought. And that face looks familiar too..

"Shawn...?"

"Mendes," The other boy finished off. Shawn Mendes. S h a w n M e n d e s . SHAWN MENDES! That singer Kat likes. The singer Kat REALLY likes.

- - - -

"So...You met Shawn?" Katianna's eyes grew wide as Luke turned the engine on.

"Well his name's Shawn Mendes and he has brown hair and eyes so..I'm not sure," Luke shrugged.

"Is he coming tomorrow?" She asked with her mouth gaping open. "I wanna see if it's actually him."

"He's coming again next week and then he's going back to Canada."

"OHMYGOD IT'S ACTUALLY SHAWN MENDES!!" She squealed, fangirling in the back seat.

"Stop fangirling please..It hurts my ears," Luke covered his left ear, the one which suffered the most during Kat's moment.

"Would I be able to see him next week?" Katianna asked with so much hope in her eyes that there would be a bonfire forming if she was told no.

"I guess...If you're not a fan."

That was when Katianna's shoulders drooped. " But I am a fan."

"Well, I don't know, be my sister or something," Luke shrugged. "Because Shawn said that he didn't feel like meeting fans for the next two weeks so just..Be..Normal."

A/N Luke's just like my parents and Kat's just me tbh.

- HOLY SHIT GUYS THANKS FOR THE 101 READS!! I SWEAR WHEN I WENT TO WATTPAD TODAY I WAS LIKE CHEERING TO MYSELF AND I WAS SO HAPPY!!!

- Hope you guys liked the chapter though..Even though nothing really happened. The next chapter is gonna be of Kat and Shawn meeting and stuff, and things won't turn out well, let me tell you that.

- I'll publish the new chapter tomorrow or the day after so you'll be able to see more of Kat the Fangirl!