25

10:25AM, A Week After the Dinner

"Mr.Hemmings, you are arrested for sexual assault and neglect," The police officer grabbed Luke's hands, pulling them behind his back and cuffing his wrists.

WAIT! Let me (the author) rewind back into time a little bit.

X*X*X*X

7:08PM, The Night Before

"H-he pushed me aga-ainst the wall and start-ted taking my clothes o-off," The woman cried, each word of her sentence breaking down into louder sobs.

"Ms.Greenwood, I want you to tell us who this man is and where he lives," The police officer asked with the notepad still in his hand. The two were sitting in an interview room at the police station, and the woman cried even harder, burying her face in her palms. "It's okay, Ms.Greenwood, take your time."

"I-I'm sc-ared," She stuttered, wiping the incredibly thick amount of liquid mascara out of the way of visible sight. "I don't want it to happen again."

"It's not going to happen again. It's okay."

"H-His name is Luke H-Hemm..Mings and he lives i-in F-forty-seven C in the a-partment building in the east."

NOW let's get back to the story.

X*X*X*X

"Mr.Hemmings, you are arrested for sexual assault and neglect," The police officer grabbed Luke's hands, pulling them behind his back and cuffing his wrists.

"WHAT?! WHA-HOW?!" Luke screamed as he was being dragged out of his apartment by three cops. He had no idea what was going on - well, he usually never really what happens everyday; he would ask Katianna - and to have police officers tell him what was happening made his heart beat faster.

"Dad!" Kat ran out of the bathroom, just done her shower and 'casual Saturday' look. She ran out the door, slamming it closed and making sure that Cloud wouldn't go on adventures during the day. Some people from next-door apartments opened their doors and peeked outside to see what was happening.

Some were gasping. Some were murmuring to their family members, and some simply slammed their doors closed in pure fear.

"Sir..Officers," Kat called, still running barefoot.

"Please leave," One cop ordered, and she stopped, only to see her dad's bare feet struggling to keep up with the pace of the officers.

- - - -

- Luke's Point of View -

As I was being driven to wherever the police officers were taking me, the skin on my wrist began pinching against the tough metal of the handcuffs. I still had no idea what was going on. Sexual assault, I remembered the officer saying. Sexual assault? Neglect? I would never do that! Not to anyone!

"I am very disappointed in you," The officer driving muttered. Was he talking to me? "Sexual assault. You look like a good guy, but I guess today is the day that's proven wrong."

"What?" I asked. "I-I don-I didn't do anything!"

"That's what they all say," The officer sitting in the passenger's seat rolled his eyes. "You'll have an interview tonight, by the way."

"I don't even know what I did!" I raised my voice. What horrible thing could I have done to make someone call the police on me? "A-And I don't even need a judge! What did I even do??"

"I'm pretty sure you would remember raping Miranda Greenwood AFTER you left her for 18 years."

The feeling of disbelief took over just rushed through my body. Miranda? Why would she do that? "But, sir! I didn't leave her! She left me!"