13

It was about a week after school started for Katianna, and she, as a tween, was confused about her feelings towards her crush. But the only way she could really let out her feelings was in her thoughts and to Yvonne, as a diary would be dangerous for her if her dad looked into it.

I like Calum, he's a cool guy.

But do I love him?

Does he like me? Would he like me back if I liked him??

THIS IS ALL SO CONFUSING ARGGHHHH

"Kat, I ordered pizza," Her dad muttered through the door, then walked away. Luke and Kat never really talked a lot that week because one, Kat was addicted to her phone, two, Luke had been getting into horse-riding more and was getting into beginner show jumping.

"I'm back," Yvonne said through Kat's screen as they were chatting on Oovoo.

"What took you so long to drink your smoothie?" Kat asked, shuffling in her chair then finally settling with a position.

"My mum made a Pinneaple and Cherry smoothie and it was REALLY good so I may have taken my sweet time."

"Okay..Well anyways, I'm not sure if I like Cal or not....It keeps haunting me..!"

"Well I don't know..I-" Yvonne was never really into crushes and stuff as she was a lover of Sam Pottorff, a YouTuber who was older than her by 20 years old. "I think the only way to solve that problem is to tell him you like like him. As soon as possible."

"Ugh, you're no help," Kat frowned, upset that her phone drained 6% for nothing.

"So you'd rather have Lucy help you?"

"..Fine, I'll try to do it on the weekend, bye." Kat hung up and put her phone in the charger, walking out of her bedroom and walking by her dad's room to see a gigantic red suitcase on his bed.

As Luke payed for the pizza, Kat got a plate from the cupboard and sat down in her usual seat, across from her dad, and asked, "Where are you going?"

"There's a horse competition this weekend in Bali and I thought that you should come too since I don't want you to be left alone."

"Oh," Kat opened the pizza box, taking three slices. "I-I was planning something with my friend."

"So you'd rather stay at Uncle Ben's house than to spend time with me at another country?" Luke asked, taking the remaining five slices of pizza left.

"I guess I see your point," Kat let out a little laugh, forgetting about Calum and thinking about the beautiful Indonesian island.

- - -

It was 3AM on Friday, and Luke gave a voicemail to the school to say that Kat wasn't going to be in school for the day.

"Do I have to wake up now?" Kat mumbled, covering her face with the covers.

"We're gonna be late for the flight if you don't wake up now," Luke stood at the foot of her bed, his arms crossed to his chest. It was crucial for him to get in that flight in time; because if they didn't, Luke wouldn't be able to prepare Kat's future. He really wanted her to have a good job, or maybe even a career, so she can whatever she really wanted with her money.

"But I just can't -" Kat mumbled, and Luke gave her that 'Don't you fucking dare mess with me' look. "Fine. I'll be out of the shower in 20 minutes."

Just like Luke, Katianna took forEVER in the shower, almost falling asleep in the middle of her hair-rinsing phase. Once she was done, Luke was already a couple steps ahead of her, with the suitcases already at the door and Kat's converse at the rug, beside her suitcase.

"Let's go!" Luke exclaimed.

A/N That was so bad...But I need something to lead up to the real deal, sooo um hope you liked the chapter....?