18

"Why would you do that?" Luke asked as the two got back home.

"Because Calum told me to."

"This is exactly what I mean by 'I don't trust him!'" Luke threw his hands in the air. "You know, that was very stupid of you."

"Well, I was like, bored so-"

"Then read a book or watch TV or something. At home," Her dad crossed his arms.

"But it's not like you care anyways so why aren't I allowed to?"

"It's breaking the law and I don't want you to go to jail because I do care."

"Bull." Kat almost felt like crying by the fact that her dad and her were distant for a year. She slumped down in the couch, pulling her legs up to her face and sulking at her knees.

"You're like, the most important person in my life, you know that right?" The father explained, making his daughter turn around with a couple tears rolling down her cheeks, mascara running down with it. "Anyone would be lucky to have you in their lives, because you're worth it. You're a very important part in my world, and helping that stupid boy with vandalizing isn't like you at all."

Suddenly, Kat stood up from the couch and walked to her dad, hugging him with little sobs. He hugged back, planting a kiss on the top of Katianna's head and rocking back and forth on his feet.

- - - - - -

That Weekend

"Happy Birthday to you!" Kat's party guests and dad sang, telling the birthday girl to blow her candles.

"Happy 13 and a quarter birthday!" Luke cheered, and the girls let out little giggles. "I'm sorry I didn't celebrate your real birthday a couple months ago but here are the reasons why." He then walked back into his bedroom, bringing out some kind of hard case and a very small kennel with whatever creature was in there.

Opening the kennel door, a little white kitten came out, running to the table and walking past Kat.

"You got me a kitten?!" Katianna was so surprised that she almost started crying. "He's so cute!"

"His name's Cloud," The dad beamed, and put the case on the floor. "And....I think you'll like this present too." Kat walked to the latched case, opening it to see a beautiful acoustic guitar with a shiny body.

"Holy sh-" Yvonne's mouth gaped open. "Lucky...!"

Katianna didn't even care about the guitar or the cat as much as she was grateful for everything she had received that day. She ran over to her dad, giving him a tight hug and repeating "Thank you thank you thank you thank you...!"

"It's not a big deal," Luke patted her back, planting a kiss on the top of her head and making the guests squeal a little "awe." After everyone finished eating the cake, Kat opened the rest of the presents and received a $25 iTunes card (even though Kat thought that she wouldn't need it for a while,) a Shawn Mendes poster, a Shawn Mendes shirt, a Shawn Mendes snapback, and a pair of Vans.

A/N Kat's so fcking spoiled wtf did I make

- Sorry my chapters are shorter..I don't really know how to keep chapters long anymore.

- Vote? Comment? Btw thanks for reading, because WoW I got 406 reads on this book! :D