11

" GOT A FEELING THAT I'M GOING UNDER! I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL MAKE IT OUT ALIVE! IF I QUIT CALLING YOU MY LOVER! MOVE ON!" Kat screamed the notes as it blasted in the car. Luke had regretted buying her the Handwritten CD.

"Okay, Katy cat," Luke said calmly, trying not to go nuts over Stitches which had been on repeat ever since they left the apartment. "Turn this down," He turned the volume down a little bit. "And act your age."

"8 year olds do this," Kat crossed her arms, sitting back in the front passenger seat. "Yvonne does this to One Direction."

"But it's very unlikely for kids in elementary school to remember lyrics to a somehow 'cute' guy's songs. In my days, the 8-year-old girls would scream out 'cooties' in the guys' faces and run to the other side of the field like there were rabbid dogs chasing after them."

"But this generation is all about dying hair and getting piercings and tattoos and stuff," Kat explained, and it was true. Most 13-year-olds these days dye their hair like a rainbow and get piercings on their faces, ears, or their bellies. "Oh! By the way, can I dye my hair like Mikey does? I wanna see what my hair looks like if it was jet black."

"There's such thing as jet black? I thought black was only one colour, not a billion other shades," Luke's eyebrows furrowed. "And no. Just because Michael does it, doesn't mean you can. And I bet that boy's hair's gonna fall out in a month anyways."

- - -

"Hey, Kat, do you want to help me feed the horses?" Mr.Clifford asked, and Kat nodded, following Daryl outside to get the hay, oats, barley, and food mix. As the two left, Shawn showed up with his hair slicked back and his boots shinier than the last time he came to the stables.

"Hey, Luke!" Shawn flashed him a bright smile, putting his helmet on. "Who do I have today?"

"You have Mac today," Luke explained, and Shawn nodded, walking past him and into Mac's stall. In under a minute, Shawn was already asking for help.

"Hey...Can I brush his legs too?" Shawn asked in his unfamiliar Canadian accent.

"Yeah," Luke nodded, thinking inside, is this boy stupid or what? He then walked past Mac's stall and peeked into the tack room to see Michael whistling a tune while cleaning a saddle.

"Hey Mike," Luke leaned on the door frame. "Congrats on your engagement, by the way."

"Thanks," Michael looked up to give Luke a small smile, then looked back down at the saddle. "Did you get the wedding invitation I sent you?"

"Yeah I did," Luke nodded. "Are you still gonna be working here? I'm just asking."

"Hmm..I've never really thought about that. I've been here all my life so hopefully Vicky'll let me work here until I retire."

"That's nice," Luke didn't really know what else to say. As the awkwardness was building up, Shawn walked in, asking Luke another question.

"Hey, Luke, can I put saddle 7 on Mac?"

"You can use saddle 6," Luke answered calmly, and Shawn nodded. As he walked out with the saddle, a scream and a thump was heard by Luke and Michael.

The two stood behind Shawn as Kat was lying on the ground, passed out.

"Um...Is that supposed to be normal around here?" Shawn asked, pointing to the girl.

"N-no...Not really," Luke shook his head, walking towards Katianna and picking her up. "Sometimes she just passes out infront of guys.."

"I guess I'll just get Mac ready." As Shawn walked away, Kat opened her eyes and she looked at her dad who was..for some reason..Holding her.

"Dad, what are you doing?" She asked, wiggling out of his grasp and landing on her feet.

"I don't really have to explain anything," Luke head-motioned to Shawn who was struggling with putting the tack on.

"Sh-Sh-Shawn..!" Kat pointed towards Mac's stall, her finger trembling and her body failing to stand. Luke caught her and carried her into the lounge room upstairs, laying her down on one of the couches and sitting closeby in case she passed out again.

A/N I already wrote the thirteenth chapter before, and I didn't feel like skipping a bunch of years in the story so I had to fill in the time with some fillers.

- And tbh I would faint if I saw Shawn too .

Vote? Comment? Feel free to do so if you liked this chapter! :)