24

"We're here," Luke muttered as he turned the engine of the car off. "Remember; If you ring the doorbell and a shirtless guy opens the door, I'm just gonna say I told you so."

"Well I'm betting on the fact that she actually changed," Kat shook her head, climbing out of the car. "Aren't you coming?"

"I'm staying here with the doors unlocked in case she chases you."

"She's not an animal, dad. And I know she changed. It's been 18 years," Kat rolled her eyes, walking up the pathway of the flat and ringing the doorbell. A 40 year old looking woman with light brown hair opened the door with a soft expression.

"Hello," The woman greeted. She had long brown hair that complimented the bright green of her eyes, just as Luke described..With disgust in his voice.

"Um, hi..Miranda," Kat gave the woman a small smile. "My name's Katianna and I just came here to -"

"Katianna," The woman beamed. "I have wanted to reunite with you for the last 10 years!" The shorter woman stepped up to Kat and wrapped her arms around the teenager. "Come in, come in."

Kat walked into the house, seeing two girls who looked about 10 and 11, and a man who looked like the girls, watching TV.

"This is my husband, Paul, and my daughters Lily and Lina," Miranda introduced. Kat gave the three a small - but awkward - wave before Miranda asked, "Where's Luke?"

"I didn't think you wanted to see him today -" Kat was interrupted by another doorbell ring. She opened the door, seeing her dad only looking at her and not her mother.

"Kat, we should get going now," Luke said quietly. "It's getting dark now."

"What if we meet up again..Like at a dinner tomorrow night?"

"No, I think we're fine-" Luke shook his head, but his daughter interrupted by accepting the invitation.

- - - - -

"Reservation for Miranda Greenwood," Miranda spoke to the man behind the counter of the restaurant. He nodded, picking up 6 menus and taking the group to a big booth in the corner of the building.

Luke sat in the very inside, with Kat in between him and Miranda which were all in one seat. Kat felt extremely uncomfortable, having both of their rival - well, her dad's rival - next sitting to the right of her.

There was a big silence before Lily, the 11-year-old, asked Kat, "So..Are you my stepsister?"

"Yeah, I am," Kat answered quickly, making sure that no one stared at her to answer the question. "Is your name Lily?"

"Yes, and my sister's name is Lina."

It was just the kids talking before the adults had to order for themselves and their children.

Once everybody received their food, Miranda asked, "So, Luke, what have you been doing?"

Luke put his fork down and swallowed his food, preparing to answer a simple question that only needed a simple answer. "What do you mean what have I been doing? For the past 18 years?"

"Yes."

"Well, I've been dealing with my own necessities and what were also supposed to be yours. Yeah, that's it," Luke grew stressed, still not wanting to be in the same booth - nor even the same restaurant - as Miranda.

"Oh. Uhh, I'm sorry for asking y-"

"Kat, we're done," Luke had had enough already. He wiped the barbecue off of his mouth with a napkin and dropped it, telling his daughter that they were going. "Have a good evening, guys. Kat, let's go."

Kat and Luke walked away from the booth, Miranda looking at the two with wide eyes.

"What the heck just happened?" Katianna asked, trying to decipher what had happened. She knew that Luke had Miranda on his kill list, but she never knew that he was immature enough to leave a dinner planned by her.

Miranda wanted to change everything and throw away the bad that had happened in the past two decades. Luke didn't want anything to change; all he wanted was for Kat to stay safe. Who knows what would happen if he took his eyes off of her? He squeezed his daughter's hand.

"I don't want you to get into her hands okay? I have a feeling she had an affair with her husband Paul,"

"That shouldn't even be your business," Kat tried wiggling her hand out of her dad's grasp, but stopped as she glanced over to him to see his face red with anger. The two walked out the door and into the parking lot, trying to find their car.

"I'm sorry dad, I shouldn't have even talked to mum - I mean - Miranda in the first place," Kat apologized, her father's grip on her hand easing.

"I'm not okay...I-It's not alright," Luke didn't even bother to forgive Kat, as he only let go of her hand. They climbed into the car, keeping the drive a little entertaining as Top 40 radio music played.

A/N FAUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

GuYS I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!!!! I NEEDED TO SPLIT WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LONG LAST CHAPTER INTO TWO AND THIS HALF IS SOOOO BAD IM SO SO SO SO SORRYYYY