3

The Day Before

"Fuck you," Miranda screamed.

"Fuck YOU! You're the one who slept with that...Asher Irvine or whatever his name is! Just because I go for a couple days to visit my parents, doesn't mean you get to mingle and party and..have sex! You had one job..One job to take care of Katianna and you can't go a day without talking to another guy!" Luke was furious, full-on yelling.

"I'm not her fucking babysitter, and you're not my mother! She knows how to take care of herself and I'm pretty sure nothing bad happened to her!"

"'pretty sure?' I bet she was terrified of another man walking into the apartment and walking into the bedroom with you. I don't even know how you can be so irresponsible and ignorant and-"

"Okay, I'm sick of you, and I'm sick of being pushed around by you, and having to be told to be isolated in this apartment with you and a helpless little kid!" Miranda explained with actual sense. All she really did was call Luke names and insult him. "I wish I had never met you."

"You know, Miranda," Luke clenched his jaw, growing more stressed. "We used to have something. We used to have a connection. We thought we were in love, but that all stopped because you implied that you didn't want to move any further with our relationship. Well I felt like we needed to take a step further-" And then came the waterworks.

"Well I didn't want to Luke!" Miranda cried. "I didn't mean to get in the bed with you! I was drunk and my mind was going on overdrive and all I really wanted at that party was to have a good time with you. An-and I can't go a year without- You know, I think it's better if I just leave."

"I-I agree," Luke muttered. "Tomorrow."

"What?"

"Right before Kat wakes up tomorrow, you can leave."

- - - - -

Katianna's Birthday

"Hi dada!" Kat waddled into Luke's room, where her dad was scrolling through his Twitter.

"Good morning, Kitty-kat!" He threw his phone to the other side of the bed, picking his daughter up and making her giggle and show her smile. "Hey! Can I tell you something?"

Kat looked at him with a curious face.

"It's your birthday today!" Luke cheered, making Kat smile and clap her hands.

"Let's go have some breakfast first, and then we go to the park, yeah?"

"Yeah!" Luke picked Kat up and took her to the kitchen, taking yogurt from the fridge and taking a little plastic spoon from the utensil drawer.

"Have some yogurt at the table and I'm gonna make myself some cereal, okay?" Luke opened the yogurt container and put it on the table while putting Kat in her chair.

Once Luke turned around to grab milk, Kat cried out, "Dadda!!"

Blueberry yogurt was spilled all over the dining room floor and Kat's shirt.

"I guess it was a bad idea to turn around," Luke muttered to himself and picked Kat up, cleaning up the mess with his free hand and walking into Kat's bedroom to change her.

- -

The two were at the park and it was breezy and sunny.

"Do you wanna go on the slide?" Luke asked, and Katianna nodded. He walked her over to the top of the slide and held her hand as she slid down. For any person, going down a slide with a little kid is one of the most boring things on earth, but for Luke, he was having the time of his life.

After half an hour, Luke started to get bored and he was getting tired. "Hey Kat, I'm just gonna sit down at the bench over there okay? So you can play for a few minutes and I'll be with you again, kay?"

Kat nodded and ran off to the other side of the playground, having the time of her life and enjoying her freedom as a one-year-old.

Luke quickly checked the time and stared into space for a few moments before finding Katianna.

"Kat?" Luke called. "Where are youuu?"

"Katianna?" Luke called again, starting to get worried. "Katianna? Daddy's right here! Kat?"

"Kat!" Luke walked faster to where Kat was, holding the hand of a boy who looked around Luke's age.

"I was going to help her find her parents and then she kept saying 'dadda' so I wasn't exactly sure what she was talking about," The other guy explained. He was dark-haired, dark-eyed, and had the look of a Maori.

"She means dad," Luke answered, picking his daughter up. "..I'm Luke by the way."

"I'm Calum and this is my girlfriend Catherine," The boy introduced. Luke shook both of their hands and Calum asked the most dreadful question of all.

"Don't you have a girlfriend or wife since you have a child?" Catherine asked politely.

"She and I seperated like, today," Luke answered with a fake smile.

"Oh I'm sorry I asked that question," Catherine apologized. "Well Calum and I have a dinner to go to tonight. So hopefully your little one doesn't get lost again, haha," She laughed awkwardly, then licked her teeth. "Well see ya!"

"Mhm," Luke nodded, and the four seperated, walking in opposite directions. Luke muttered to Katianna, "Don't run off like that okay? Because if you do that, I'll have to make conversation with a stranger and no one wants that much awkwardness in this atmosphere!"

[ [ Kay so that was kind of a filler because nothing much happened (other than Kat's birthday) and so I'll publish the next chapter either tonight or tomorrow since it took me so long to make this one. It's kind of hard to make a chapter when the other main character can't do much soooo yeahhhh ByE ] ]