Eleven- dancing in the town square

"We're here!" Rapunzel half screamed. Merida chortled at her friend's excitement. Rapunzel ran ahead, looking around her in wonder.

"She's never been out of that tower huh..." Flynn muttered as Rapunzel marvelled over the bridge. Jack shook his head. Hiccup looked at the decorations. "It's certainly festive here." He said.

"Hey, Hiccup, where's your dragon anyway?" Flynn asked.

"Toothless? He's in the forest. I left him by the lake." He said. "He should stay out of trouble for a bit."

"Jack! Jack! Look at this!" Rapunzel called, looking at a mosaic pattern in amazement. "It's so pretty!" Jack chuckled, going over to her. "Um...Punz?" He called. She turned around. "Your hair...." He pointed at it. Her hair was being stepped on....

"Rapunzel, yer hair!" Merida said, gathering up some of the long golden tresses. She glanced at Flynn and Hiccup. "Well, don't just stand there and gape! Help gather up her hair!" She ordered. They snapped back to reality and helped.

"Gosh, you've got a lot of hair, blondie." Flynn grunted. Hiccup's head could barely be seen behind all that hair. "We need a way to solve this..." Flynn muttered, looking around. There were some girls by the fountain, doing each other's hair in braids. He whistled loudly, and they looked over at them. Flynn held up his armfuls of hair.

After half an hour and hiding from two guards later...

"Jack!" Rapunzel twirled around, admiring her braid. Merida clapped her hands in approval, Hiccup nodded. Flynn smiled, while Jack was speechless. "Wow." He murmured.

"What do you think?" She asked, looking at Jack.

Jack smiled. "Very nice." He said. "Now then, shall we go to see the rest of the festivities?" He asked, offering her his arm. She nodded, placing a hand on his arm as they walked towards the town square.

"It's all so amazing.." Rapunzel breathed, looking around her. There were so many people around her! So many smiles and so much laughter. She heard some musicians playing in the square, and an idea formed in her mind. She went over to the musicians, and whispered something to them.

A lively dance tune began to play, and Rapunzel danced to it, a smile on her face. "C'mon, Merida!" She called, pulling the red head to dance as well, who in turn, pulled Hiccup along. Soon she had managed to rake in almost everyone else to dance with her. They clapped their hands, dancing to the beat.

"Jack, dance with me!" Rapunzel called, smiling brightly. Jack shook his head. "I can't dance." He said. Flynn scoffed at his reply. "Just get in there, Frost." He said, snatching the staff from Jack, then he shoved him towards Rapunzel. "Oh!" Rapunzel looked up at Jack. He looked back into her green eyes. She took his hand, then pulled him to dance with her. He started to protest, but she silenced him with a look. "Don't think. Just follow me." She said gently.

Merida, who was dancing with Hiccup, twirled, then suddenly another person stepped in to take Hiccup's place. "Mind if I cut in?" Flynn asked.

"Very much." She said, glancing over at Jack and Rapunzel. "Those two sure look happy. Even if Frost is almost stepping on Rapunzel's toes..."

"Yeah." He said. "Hey, try not to step on Hiccup's toes, would ya? I swear I could almost hear the lad's foot break." Flynn winked, switching partners quickly, leaving the shocked Merida to dance with Hiccup again.

"What's wrong?" Hiccup asked.

Merida shook her head. "Nah, it's nothing. Hey, do I really step on yer toes that much?" She asked.

He winced. "You just did."

"Sorry!"