Eight- run in with the kingdom guards...

Jack landed next to the Night fury. "Hey guys-" he stopped, noticing a certain golden blonde glaring at him. "Punzie?"

She walked away. Merida looked a bit confused as she watched the girl stalk off.. Jack looked over at Hiccup, confused. "Care to explain what happened?" He asked.

"We told her about Pitch..." Hiccup admitted.

"Then she got all worked up over it." Flynn said. "She almost got the dragon to give her a ride when you came back."

"She was really worried about ye." Merida said.

Great, now Jack felt guilty for making her worry. He walked over to her. "Punz?" He said. She didn't say anything. "Punz, I'm sorry for making you worry about me, but there really wasn't anything to worry about!" He said. She turned around and glared at him. "I could've taken care of myself." He said.

"Never. Ever. Do. That. Again." She said slowly and clearly.

He patted the top of her head. "I'm sorry for making you worry." He said. "Well, the good news is, he's gone. For now. So, shall we keep going?"

She brightened up.

"Um, guys?" Flynn called. "We might be facing a possible slight delay in our plans."

Jack turned around and saw what he was talking about. He sighed. "Hello again, captain." He said. It was the captain of the royal guards, who was flanked by about ten guards. Toothless seemed to have hid, the dragon was nowhere to be seen in the clearing.

The captain did look happy to see him. "Jack Frost and Flynn Rider, what luck." He said. "This will make your arrest so much easier. Make my day, even. Especially since I've already caught the Stabbington brothers." They stepped forward. "Looks like there's going to be two more jail cells to be occupied tonight."

"Whoa there! Wait a second!" Rapunzel yelled. "On what grounds are you arresting these two?"

He looked at her. "Young lady, it would be better for you not to be associated with these two ruffians. And to answer your question, Flynn Rider is a notorious thief, and Jack Frost is his accomplice, who aided in his escape." He said. "They are wanted criminals."

"I didn't hear about this part from you, Jack." Hiccup said.

"Me neither." Merida said. "Are ye sure ye got the right guy?"

The captain looked at them. "Why don't you be the judge of that?" He asked, holding out two wanted posters. Hiccup and Merida took a look at them. "Well...I'll admit that this looks like Jack, but Flynn...." Hiccup cracked a smile while Merida roared with laughter at the face on the poster. "Sorry, but this isn't Flynn." He said, showing them the poster with Flynn's face on it.

The nose on the face was no where close to what Flynn really looked like.

"Oh, come on, that's just plain insulting!" Flynn shouted, looking at the face on the poster in distaste. "If you're gonna draw a poster of me, can't you draw it so it looks like me?!" He glared at the poster. "They never get my nose right!"

Rapunzel tried hard to stifle her giggles. Jack grinned.

"Whatever! You're both under arrest!" The captain shouted. "And if any of you interfere, you'll be arrested too!"

"Arrested, huh?" Jack smirked. Merida reached for her bow. "That's only if you can catch us, captain." Jack grinned, reaching for Rapunzel's hand. "Ready?" He whispered. She nodded. He looked over at Hiccup and the others, winking slyly. Merida grinned.

"Go!" Jack shouted. He ran, pulling Rapunzel along with him. Merida ran up to them, despite her long skirt, she was still a fast runner. "Hic, come on!" She yelled. Hiccup was lagging behind. Flynn glanced behind him. "They're catching up!"

"HICCUP!!" Merida yelled.

Just as the captain was about to grab Hiccup, a black shadow swooped down from the sky. "Toothless!" Hiccup shouted. Toothless swooped down, and he grabbed on. "Merida!" Hiccup called. Merida turned around. Hiccup reached out a hand, pulling her onto the dragon.

"What am I, dragon dung?!" Flynn shouted indignantly.

"Grab on, then, ye big oaf!" Merida shouted back, holding out a hand. Flynn grabbed onto her hand and she hauled him up. "Stop them!" The captain shouted. Jack turned around and shot a snowball right into his face, and he fell off his horse. "Oops, my bad!" He laughed.

The horse bit Flynn's boot, trying to hold him back. "Whoa! Let go, horse!" Flynn shouted, dangling from the dragon. Merida struggled to keep her grip on his arm. "When this is over, yer going on a diet, Rider!" She said.

"I am not fat!"

"Yer heavy!" Merida yelled. "Hiccup, some help?" Hiccup looked at her. "What do you expect me to do?! Kick him in the face?!" He asked.

"You keep your foot away from my face!" Flynn shouted.

Toothless flew upwards suddenly, and the horse let go of the boot. "Haha! Not today, suckers!" Flynn said. Merida hauled him up with a grunt. "You should see your faces, because you look-" a low hanging branch hit him in the face. "Ridiculous." He groaned. "Ow."

Jack flew up with Rapunzel on his staff. "I'll get you next time, Rider! Frost, just you wait!" The captain shouted from below.

Merida rolled her eyes. "So, care ta tell us what ye did ta get them to come after ye?" She asked.

"Rider stole the lost princess's tiara with the Stabbingtons." Jack said. "He double crossed them, I decided to help him. So here we are, on the run." Jack grinned. "Fun life, don't you think?"

---------------------------

Thinking of starting a MERRICUP fanfic...we'll see!