Chapter one- meeting Jack again

A few days ago....

Rapunzel looked up at the sky, staring at the moon. It had been so,so long since she had seen that boy. The boy with the snow white hair and light blue eyes. About.... Five years, in fact. She sighed. It was a mere three days from her eighteenth birthday.... And the lanterns would appear, like they did each year on her birthday. Gothel always insisted they were stars, but she knew better.

Speaking of Gothel, she had left earlier, on a trip she knew would take a few days to complete. She took a deep breath. There was no time like the present. If she was going to do this, she had to do it now. But....it was so dark.

"I can't do it." Rapunzel whispered. "Not tonight." She turned away from her window.

There was a slight rustle outside. "Can't do what?" A voice called. Her eyes widened as she stared at the figure down on the ground. It couldn't be.... That white hair.... "What's up, Rapunzel?" He grinned, holding his staff.

"J-Jack...?!" She whispered in disbelief. "You- how-?!"

"It's nice to see you too, Rapunzel." He said. "Mind if I come up?" She gaped at him, still trying to come to terms with his sudden appearance. He chuckled, and jumped up, flying up to her window. "Y-you're flying." She said. "Flying...."

He laughed. "Your hair is still as long as ever." He said. "And yes, I'm really right here." He smiled. She blinked, then reached out and pinched his cheek.

She smiled. "You're here...you came back!" She cheered, hugging him. "I missed you."

"Missed you too, Punzie." He said.

"I can't believe you're really here." She said.

"In that case...should I leave?" He asked.

"No!!" Rapunzel shrieked. He grinned cheekily at her. "You're still the only other person I know." She said softly. "Besides Pascal, you're the only friend I've got."

He smiled. "Really?" She nodded. "Well...don't worry. I've got some friends I want you to meet." He said.

"Friends?" She brightened up. "Where?"

"You'll meet them tomorrow. I promise." He said.