Thirteen- Pitch Black is back

After reaching the island, Jack turned to Rapunzel. "Ok, Punz. This is as far as you go. Stay here and wait for me, ok?" He asked. She frowned. "I don't think-"

"Please, Punzie?"

She paused. "I don't want you getting hurt." She said.

"And I won't. Just stay here until I get back." He said. "I promise I'll be back soon." He looked up. "Well, at least you'll have flame hair to keep you company." He said as Toothless landed on the shore, Merida and Hiccup on its back. Merida jumped off the dragon's back, walking over to Jack. "What's happened?" She asked. "What're ye doing here?"

"Jack saw something." Rapunzel replied.

"Pitch?" Merida asked. Jack shrugged. "I came to check." He said. "Look, you guys stay here and look after Punzie." He flew up. "I'll go and check what it is."

"What?! FROST!!" Merida shouted. He ignored her, continuing on his course. "Argh!" Merida threw up her hands in frustration. "When I get my hands on him-" she cursed.

~~~

Jack flew across the beach front, finally reaching a clearing. Wisps of black sand still floated in the air, and he gripped his staff, wary.

"Jack Frost." Pitch's voice echoed through the clearing. Jack whirled around, but he couldn't see him. "Show yourself, Pitch!" He shouted.

Pitch chuckled. "I know exactly what your greatest fear is, Jack." He said. "I know all of their fears. And now, one of them is already trapped in his nightmare. Tell me, Jack. What do you think could be a wanted thief's worst nightmare?" Pitch sneered.

"What did you to Flynn?!" Jack shouted.

"Oh, right, he's one of your closer friends, am I right? Considering how you've known each other for so long....since the time you met in that orphanage, right?" Pitch said. "Well... Who knows? There might still be something left of him after his nightmare is over."

Jack grit his teeth. "Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"Why? Jack, my boy... I feed off fear." He said. "And your fears are too tempting to resist. Now then, I've got some nightmares to dish out. I wonder...what do you think your precious 'Punzie's worst nightmare is?" Pitch cackled, and the black sand rose up, flying off to the beach.

"Oh, no." Jack grit his teeth, flying up. "Rapunzel!"