Chapter two- getting out of the tower

The next morning, Rapunzel got up, rubbing her eyes. She looked around. Not a trace of Jack was seen. "Was it all just another dream?" She murmured,looking out of the window.

"Boo!" Jack shouted, popping up at the window. Rapunzel shrieked, falling back. Jack laughed at her as she glared at him from the floor. "Morning, Punzie." He said, landing on her windowsill.

"Jack!! You scared me!" She yelled. She got up.

"I couldn't resist." He smirked. She glared at him. "So, ready to go?" He asked.

"Go? Go where?" She asked.

"Get out of here, of course." He said. "Aren't you tired of this place yet?"

"But...."

"I thought you were trying to escape last night? What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just...I don't want to even think about how mother will react when she finds out I'm gone." She said.

"I see....well then, how about this." He said. "I'll take you out of this tower for a few days trip, then we come back, and you get back inside your tower, all before Gothel comes back." He grinned. "She'll never know you even left."

She thought about it. "I want to go and see the floating lights." She said.

"Floating lights?" Jack asked. "Oh, the lantern thing that the kingdom does every year?"

She nodded excitedly. "Yes, please!"

He chuckled. "Alright. I've been meaning to go and watch this year too." He said. "Well, shall we get going then? My friends will be waiting."

"Will they like me?"

"What's not to like about you, Punzie?" He grinned. "Lets go." He flew out of her window, floating by the window. "Hmm...how to get you out of there...?"

"I've got a plan, don't worry." She said, picking up her hair and frying pan. "Pascal?" She called. The chameleon sat perched on her shoulder. "Lets go!"