Chapter XXI: Arising Suspicions

Comincia dall'inizio

Previously:

Yen Sid gives each of the protectors of light their own missions in order to prepare for the arrival of the Keyblade War. Uncertain of the future, the wise wizard can only believe in the chosen ones to succeed as he prepares himself for an important mission, one that may be his last...

Hollow Bastion

Lea walked towards Even (who was once Vexen), who was busy working on the computer in Ansem's Laboratory, a hidden room that was located in Ansem the Wise's study. As he approached the researcher, Lea glanced at the large computer screen, noticing a familiar picture placed next to a matrix of data.

"'Whatcha lookin' at old man?" The spiky red head asked inquisitively, folding his arms next to Even.

Noticing Lea's presence, Even looked up at the red head, cocking his head to the side. "Ah Lea," He cooed, raising an eyebrow at him. "Back already?"

"You sure know how to welcome back an old pal," Lea retorted with playful sarcasm, his eyes turning back to the picture on the screen. Curious, the red head put his hands on his hips, his eyes glued onto the image. "Why are you looking at this place?" he asked him. "You think that they could be there?"

The researcher looked at Lea for a moment then up at the image that he was focusing on. Thoughtfully, Even curled his hand under his chin. "It could be possible. However it would be reckless to barge in there with no plan of action."

"I know that," Lea replied hastily, clenching his fist. "But I have to try. I can't just sit here while they are still missing. Isa and the others...who knows what might have happened to them?"

"That is the thing," Even sighed, turning back to his computer screen. "We don't know. But what we can do is find a way to bring them back while trying to restore Radiant Gardens as it once was."

Scratching the back of his head, Lea said nothing. It was obvious that there were no leads on where Isa and the others would be, but there at least had to be some clue as to where they disappeared to. Lea couldn't help but feel that maybe they didn't get their hearts back at all. Turning to the door, Lea shrugged. "I guess I'll go look for Dilan and Aeleus then and see if they have any leads."

At that moment, Lea heard footsteps approaching them. To his surprise, Lea saw Dilan and Aeleus standing at the doorway. The two bulky sized men stood silently before Lea and Even, waiting for them to notice their presence.

Looking up from his screen, Even turned his head at the two with a frown on his face. "Where's Ienzo?" Even demanded, folding his arms. "He was supposed to be here an hour ago."

"I'm right here," A quiet, yet firm voice replied behind Dilan and Aeleus. Walking in between them, a short man appeared from the doorway, holding his Zexicon in his hands. With his hair covering half his face, the man named Ienzo flipped his hair away from his face with a solemn expression.