Chapter 27 : What am I without U?

BRANDON

I could sit in this hospital room all day and think about how I felt when she drew her last breath in my arms, with no control of my tears.With no control on if I do, or dont want to think 'bout it.

It's just always replaying in my head.
Over and over..and over.

And its maddening.

Especially in this place.

But the feeling is inescapable. I can't waver it.
I've never felt a pain so severe more than when I saw her closing her eyes..whispering that she loves me, dying in my arms.Dying because I just wasn't man enough.

Damn,

I feel tears building up in my eyes, but I shake my head immediately. Taking a breath, as if the air consists of strength and oxygen combined.

I thought I saved her when I ran in front of that bullet...
I thought I could protect her.

But I failed.
AGAIN.
I failed her.
I put myself, her and our kids through a lot of shit.

I wish I could forget that day.
Wipe it clean out my mind!

"Mr Pierce?" The nurse who was changing my bandages calls me from my thoughts.

I look up at her, as she's inches away from my eyes.

"I heard on the news that the government is associating all Pierce Banking's business with the mob.Have you heard?" She asks concerned

I look at her blankly,
Of course, I heard that the government is advertising us as gang leaders, because of the shootings. Because of me...

Well fuck!
Because of a psycho too!

Father and I are in a state of silence with each other because of it.

I don't answer her.

I don't wanna talk about that. If we go flat broke tomorrow it would be nothing, compared to suffering a loss.

"Gaa!-tight, slack up a bit, please"I mumble to her as she wraps the shot in my back that missed my lung by inches!
The one I got with the Intention of saving baby girl....

I have bandages around My leg, my collar, my back and my arm. Four bullet holes.

How am I not dead? How am I breathing?

Speaking of which...I really should stop beating myself about Des getting shot, even when I tried to stop it and me almost losing her again,I will always regret not doing something different, but....

Letting out a heavy sigh, I try to  relax my mind.Im overthinking.

I mean, if someone were reading my thoughts on an actual page, two minutes ago they would have sworn I am a man in mourning, after losing his wife.

I chuckle.

Boy am I blessed that ain't me!

Des is in her hospital room down the hall.I woke up this morning, after all that mess yesterday at Remming's...who is finally dead.. to hear that she's alive.

Thank God!

One could only imagine how happy I was.How happy I am.How blessed I feel. But I'm yet to see her.

Although I didn't give anybody much opportunity to tell me she's alive when I just woke up.
I was thinking the worst.
I walked through my room door with needles in my arms, and devices strapped to my chest.
I felt like I had a bad dream, that felt all too real.I had to see her...feel her.
See those eyes. Opened.

My Destiny (Jealousy Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara