Chapter 19 : Disturbed Family efforts

Continued.

Des was scaring me, baby girl left everyone at the mall, running towards the car, almost driving into another guy's car how fast she was going.
I'm in the passenger seat, confused, and worried because shit just went from zero to one hundred real quick.

"Baby? Okay he's an old friend, so why you all worked up?-I mean, maybe I'm just not normal, if this is how normal people react to old friends reaching out"

Des was drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, mind afar, but I ain't care, cause I need answers.

"Woman-"

"He's an old Friend of Adonyjah and I, we grew up together"She finally whispers.

Nyjah's old friend? -his name rang in my ears like bees.We don't talk about Nyjah. But anything his name is in , is definitely trouble.

"Demo and Nyjah were real close, until they both got in the drug game together.Two bosses at heart, they just couldn't work together in the same position . One had to be alpha.Can imagine how many times they disputed over simple decisions."Des shakes her head reminiscing.You could see the pain in her eyes. '' Well, one boss decides to leave and start his own empire, that's Demo.You can imagine how angry this made Nyjah.To him, leaving him in any situation was dishonour...and he'd kill for that" She whispers the last bit, sending chills down my spine as I remember her in a hospital bed, fighting for her and Blessings' life because of what Nyjah saw as Dishonour. I cringe at the image.

"Anyway.The frienship ended."She continues. " Demo eventually became Nyjahs stiffest competition, dropping Nyjah's sales a bit . Being the manipulative bastard Ny was, instead of trying to outdo Demo, he got one of his police friends to frame Demo, with coke and weed in his vehicle after a night of clubbing. SHIT, cops ain't need nothing more than a black, thug lookin' guy driving a benz, coming from the club to lock him up, but the coke was the icing on the cake that put him away for six years. He got out two years back, and the streets knew Nyjah did the set up, it wasn't rocket science, so Demo knew too."Her brows cringed as if she was weighing something heavy on her mind.

"What?"

"Just wondering how...or why after he came out he didn't start a war like everyone was predicting. I MEAN, Demo and Nyjah at it would mean alotta deaths, the block would be hella divided."

Oh...

All through this story, I just realized we pulled up to the cabin.

"So whats all that gotta do with the package baby? "

She looks at me, studying my face and sighs, getting out the car.I follow suit.

"Demo, said to me, if he ever contacts me again, it would mean either he's dying, or I'm about to..."

I freeze in my tracks. What?
Could this DEMO, be responsible for Rivers death? Richs'?
But wait, Could either mean he's dyin or she's about to?
Its not adding up.

Des doesn't slow down as she talks and I think I need a second to take this all in.

As we get on the porch, I grab up the package before Des could get to it. I needed to know it was safe first.
It was a brown envelope. A bit thick, with just ' Demo for Des' written on it. I hadn't noticed it wasn't post office oriented til now

She sighs.

"Just please open it, im dying of anxiety over here" She grumbles.

Yea, me too...
But what if its something we dont wanna see...
Which ever way , im just as curious as the next guy.