Chapter 7: lego house continued

Brandon

I stand paralyzed as Des looks at me, as naked as the day Grace brought her here, and her face just as bare in sadness. My mind drifts back and forth between now and my future.Searching, to see if after my admission, she will still be here with me, with our family.

I dont know what to do, she's waiting and all I've done is stand here looking guilty, shaking and swallowing back down any words that feel brave enough to want to escape my lips.

"You know what" She finally says, wiping her eyes and moving from the place she was stated. " Don't answer that"

I could hear the disdain in her mouth as she steps pass me and back into the bathroom.

Move dammit!
Melt!
Brandon move!

I take a breath and I spin, to go after her.

"Des." I call out. "I-" shit it's happening again. I'm tongue tied.Do I lie to her? Do I?

Walking to the bathroom I find her already dressed and running a brush through her hair on the mirror.

"You know, I really hope I'm overreacting, that you didn't kill my ex, that you didn't do something you said you wouldn't!"She was crying hard." That you wouldn't lie to me, lie to me and murder a man!" She grits as the tears run down her cheeks.She was angry at me, and I was stunned at her last statements ,Murder a man.....

I was feeling some type of way about her reaction...how it seemed more out of love than anything,not like a human tendency to mourn when someone dies, or something bad happens to someone-even someone you don't like.This was different I see...And it made me even more iffy about telling her, but...

"Destiny" I try to wrap my hands around her waist, but she wriggles out.

I sigh, feeling defeated, like I've already lost, but I continue anyway.

"Baby, I wont lie to you- I can't any more, and I think you deserve more than my admission,but that's all I have,"I sigh, feeling my chest tighten. "So,yes, I did have Nyjah killed. I Did make the call that ended his life"I say, without taking my eyes off hers in the mirror before us.

I watch as two, slow tear drops fall from her eyes, paving a road down her cheeks.Staining them. Watching them, made my eyes water as well, but more so the look in her eyes that looked like pure and utter disappointment.She says nothing, and the silence rang in my ears.

"So where do we go from here? -I really wanna know, cause I had to make that call, he would have just come right back, he had planned on coming back Destiny,"I breathe, "You can't just think of him as a person anymore when he was behaving like a savage!" I sigh, both hands in my pockets.

I held my head down, finally breaking the eye contact. I can't look at her...
A huge part of me knows what happens next, and I can't bare to see the answer in her eyes. I hear her put the brush down.
Turning towards me, she hold both my collars in her hands and jerks me up a little, beating her fists against my chest hard, crying ... And I let her, I deserve it in a sense. I lied to her.

"Why?" She asked, "Why did you have to lose yourself to that! -WHY?" She sobs."Brandon, that isn't you,it just isn't like you. I begged you not to and what do you do, kill him anyway,  lie to me for months?"

I sigh, leaving my head bowed.

So many answers running through my head but only one makes sense.

"Because being a father, being a man...being your man, has taught me a lot." I say, finally holding up my head to meet her gloomy gaze. " I can't be afraid of what's out there. I can't. Because I have to face what's out there so that you and our kids don't have to be afraid. Des, he had to go, and it took a lot out of me to do that, and I have been asking God for forgiveness ever since.So whatever feelings you had left for him, please don't let it cloud your judgement baby. Adonyjah had to go." I say as softly as I possibly can.