Chapter 21 :Momentary Solitude

Sage

So the man ain't my dad after all.
Damn,
Why mama had to be a hoe?

Got me fawkk up over here chillin with a family I don't like, to chill with a nigguh I thought I was related to.

I sulk.

I did like the guy though....actually I love him...
But not in the way daughters love fathers....
I mean I think I might be in love with Joe.

"UGH! Shut that down Sage, a week ago you thought the man was your father, tha fuck?"kris says.Kris my main bitch who came down from Cali to see how I was doin', she been crashing with me at this fully furnished apartment I rented in Atlanta for my stay.For Joe.

I roll my eyes at her strapping my heels on.

"I just have really strong feelings for him, even though its weird that my mom use to fuck him. And FYI, he aint my dad so?"

Kris looked at me with her wild,mixed eyes. She is half indian, half Indonesian.

"Girl, okay, but what about this Destiny chick, didn't she like look past the fact you plotted with her ex to kill her, not to mention hold her son at knife point to give you a chance with Joe? "

"MY SON bitch, Mine! - he'll never be hers" I hiss.Kris holds her hand up defensively.

"Aight, aight, damn..cool it"She says calmly.

I sigh.

"I didn't want to have feelings for Joe, I just do.And ion give a shit about Destiny's feelings either . She aint give a fuck about mine when she stole my son from me!-end of discussion."I grab my hand bag and Kris rolls her eyes at me.

Whatever maan.

"And Brandon? -You know he aint a softy no more right? -you do realize that the man is like a lion protecting whats his or whatever, so you having these feelings for his girls dad-"

"Could you shut the fuck up? -I aint about to act on my feelings....lr at least not tomorrow or the next day, I'll figure it out. AND YO ASS on my case ain't helping"I grit.

Kris sucks her teeth.

"Yo mama rollin in her grave bitch"

"Let's just go to this damn club"I grit.

"You need to calm tha fuck down, cause I aint driving with you under no temper child, I got kids."

"Oh and I don't? "I roll my neck.

She rolls her eyes and steps pass me to the door.

Damn Kris be putting her foot in her mouth too much tonight.

Closing the door behind me, a new thought opens in my mind.

What if he and I do end up together, I'd have to fight off Des and her mom....oh and her brother, that asshole.

Sounds tough.

But...shit, I always find a way to get what I want.

Miguel

"Gretty, bae whatchu say you needed from the store again mamita?"I call out from the kitchen.

Gret was in the room putting Meadow to sleep and I was about to head to the store.

We had a huge argument last night....
About nothing...
The smallest things set us off, and I think it's stress, the baby, having to be prisoners in our own home because of my ex brother in law...its all a bit much.For her especially.