Chapter 25 - The Titanic effect part 2

Brandon

My hands are shaking. The gun feels like ice in my hand, burning my skin, itching my fingers to press the trigger in his head. KILL HIM! Kill my problems.
But I can't...
I can't...
She'll die.

I have never wanted to do something so bad in my life, with the restriction being the only thing that would kill me in every aspect.
If I shoot him, she dies, I die.
Simply put.

And here and now, looking at this lunatic warrants nothing but images of what today will end like. Somebody has to die, and the odds of it being Des are high as fuck.

I cringe at the thought, a nauseous feeling taking over my stomach. My head and heart race like horses and every piece of sanity I have leaks with each exhale.

I am close to madness.

I can't think straight.

He leans on the last of the stair handle, arms folded and smirk wide, the opposite of me entirely.

"Making life decisions over there I see."He mocks.

My eyes don't leave his and neither does my gun. This cocky son of a bitch had me, and he knew it.

"You wanna win so badly, dontcha?"I shake my head. The realization that death is somewhere around the corner for me or baby girl has me ready to delve in some feelings. "But what will you win?-This all started because Des left, now you want her dead, so it can't be her that you'll win. If I die, that warrants you nothing but a funeral on your newspaper's front page, and if you die, I'll see that shit on the five o'clock news. So please, tell me, what is it that you are hoping for?"

"I don't owe you or anybody an explanation."He grits."But, in short, killing you and her, warrants me nothing, to be honest. True. She's already dead to me, and you're a walking bullet holder, bleeding from head to toe. Wanting to kill both of you initially was because I was entirely jealous and caught up on narcotics."He shrugs nonchalantly. "But the older this situation got, the more shit happened, me getting shot, my friends having to die for being accomplices, new friends suffering the same faith at my wrath...there became so much more reason to wipe yall selfish mo'fuckers out nigguh"

So this wasn't about Des?

"So you're telling me you don't wanna kill Des cause she left, or me cause I have her?"
I'm finding that hard to believe.

"Of course that's my reason, I'm just saying more got added to my reasoning over time nigguh."

This conversation wasn't without reason, and I hope he hadn't caught on.

"So why come down here without a gun...I mean, you could be dead already. A dead man can't set off a bomb."I smirk.

He smiles.

"Yea, but the sound of a bullet can."

His reasoning hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone is up there with Des, waiting for the signal of a gun going off. Nyjah wants us to fight. Man to man...his intentions were clear. But in my state?

"I wanna know if you really wanna die today? -are you ready,to die? -for her?"He asks, studying me keenly. Taunting me.

"ALWAYS"I throw my gun across the room.

The pain wrenches through my shoulder, collar bone and leg in that instant.Like a warning not to get in a fistfight while I'm in this state. But no excuse is good enough to let her go.

"Ha! Haaa!"He grins. "Gimme watchu got banker"

My hands ball up in tight fists as rage runs through me.I am as ready as I will every be to fight for whats mine.