Chapter 16 :She Rhymes With Beige

Okay, so I'm here.

According to the address book, this is where the Martins live...where Joe lives.I thought it a good idea to at least meet the guy properly since he's my uh...father.

And given that I aint knew I had one this is a big deal, I mean...I just lost my mom you know.

I dont expect much from him, especially since I know he prolly hates me already through the whole Destiny, Nyjah and Brandon fiasco.

I had tried to look as decent as possible, since the last, they saw me I was drunk being hauled into the back of a car, after foolishly threatening to kill my baby if they tried to take him from me.But shit...I was being desperate, I wasnt really gonna do shit.

Im dressed in a green pencil skirts thats knee high, and a black spaghetti strap, with some nude flats. It's hella hot today.

Getting out my car with my old album of baby pictures and family video's I take a breath and make my way towards their front door.

I bravely knocked and regretted it the moment I did it.

Damn you couldn't wait!?

Before I could even think straight the door opened and a short, Puerto Rican lady opens the door, she looked about my mom's age, round 52 and smiled heartily, until she saw who I was.

"Hello?-Sage is it?" She asks kindly.

"Yes, yes mam" I answer nervously.

"I take it you've come to see Joe, I'm his wife Grace, we met before at Kyles birthday party when you told me Destiny knew you were coming" She offers her hand.Ohhh..kyles party, yeah. ..that.

"I uhh..."

"Come in...we won't plot to kill you or none of that...we aren't savages" She smiles, and I know what she said had a dual meaning.

I wanted to roll my eyes but I figure I needed this to be smooth sailing.

She closes the door behind us and my eyes scan the room, looking for...I dont know...him.

Their house was a decent size for a family of four. I guess it's aight, nothing too over the top.White and peach interior with white furniture. Pictures of the family all over the walls...
I see a few of destiny from a child to now..a few with her Brandon and I guess that's her and brandons daughter...And then I see Kyle.
Hmph...he lookin more like Brandon now for sure.

"Hello?" I hear an awkward voice behind me, Turning around I'm met with his eyes. Joe's eyes.

I felt frozen in place...into the first I was seeing him, but every other time it was under harsh circumstances.

"Hi" Is all I could manage.

He reaches out his hand to me and I take it, and we shake.

"Nice to finally see you, sober..."He says.

Again I feel a sting of fresh hurt from them...but I aint here for all this rehashing old wounds shit.

"Yea, I guess I have a ton of explaining to do..but frankly, im not here for that...Im really not even here for a reunion, when I dont even know if your my dad or nah. My mother says you are, but I need to be sure-"

"I agree" He cuts me off. " And, in due time. And since we are being honest, im not so sure what this relationship would be like if you are my daughter. I mean, given our history, and yours with my daughter and son in law...I know I'm, not your favourite, and im not here to waste energy with and memories until we do a test"

Im sorta caught offguard by his statement, but I take a second to understand where hes coming from...
But in a way I'm offended!

"Oh! -uhhh, yeah,I get you. .I understand"i stutter.