27. Someone's Watching Over Me

Începe de la început

I wallowed for a few months in my room before I made a decision. I knew I'd hate myself after, but how else could I make the pain go away. I was in a puddle of tears as I held the blade to my thigh. I just wanted the pain to stop.

Then right as I was about to break skin, the blade is yanked from my grasp. I gasp in shock and watch as the stranger holds the blade high.

"What do you think you're doing?" He booms.

I stare him in confusion as I calm my crying, "W-Who are you?"

He suddenly makes  the blade vanish as he sits on the edge of the bathtub as I stay standing by the toilet. He sighs, "I am Michael, Guardian Angel of Y/N, you. I am your friend."

I plop down on the toilet seat and say, "Those are real?"

He nods, "Yes, I was assigned to you the day you were born. I've been there your whole life, and now is the time you need me most, so here I am."

"Oh, well ok," I mumble. "This is so confusing."

Then his face suddenly becomes serious and somewhat furious, "Were you actually about to hurt yourself over that scumbag?"

I look down in shame, "Yes, and you obviously know what happened."

His expression turns sorrowful, "I do, sadly."

A whole set of fresh tears well up, "Why didn't you keep me from him?"

He moves over to where I'm sitting as I'm silently crying, and makes me stand so we can leave the bathroom. We step into my room and he has me sit on my bed so he can sit with me. He wraps me in his arms and hugs me close. Finally, after several minutes, he responds to my previous question, "I wasn't allowed."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Why?"

"It's in the rules," he replies. "I'm simply not allowed to interfere in anything that happens unless you're in need or danger. You were in serious need today, so I'm here now."

I nod, I still don't understand a whole lot, but I'd never felt so comforted.

After that strange day, Michael was there and everywhere with me. I was hesitant at first, but quickly got use to him being there. I enjoyed being with him, I seemed to feel happy with him and I didn't hate myself as much.

Months later and we're practically best friends; since he has to be by my side he's able to be seen by others. I've been introducing him as my best friend and at first people were so confused on how we met. The story we told was that we met when we were younger and he was moving to where I lived, but he had nowhere to stay, so he was staying with me. People seemed to buy it.

After people got to know Michael a little, girls were throwing jealous glares my way all the time these days. It was hilarious, because Michael didn't care and neither did I. Michael was my angel.

However, there was a small big problem. Michael told me all the rules, and he isn't allowed to fall in love with his mortal patient. I had fallen for him though, because he took good care of me. He honestly cared about me, and it wasn't because he had to.

We spent most of our days watching TV or me watching him play video games, we also ate pizza very often.

One night I fell asleep on him, the next morning I woke up with his eyes on me, to which I smiled, "Morning, Michael."