Chapter 26

The last bell finally rung, and I started my way out the door.

I don't need Jack to come and help me. I'm perfectly capable of carrying my backpack on my back, and using crutches.

It's not hard!

When I got out of the doors, I started searching for my car.

"Evelyn!" I heard someone shout. I turned my head to see Jack coming towards me.

"Oh god." I mumbled to myself. I started to crutch faster, but luck wasn't on my side today.

And I couldn't see Dads car anywhere.

"What are you doing?" Jack asked. I shrugged, and tried to move around him.

"Don't worry about it." I said.

"Evelyn, you can't just walk by yourself." He said.

"Yes I can! I am perfectly capable to walk to my car. I don't need your help!" I spat.

"Why are you being so mean to me?! Okay, I'm sorry that I laughed at what my friend said, and I'm sorry that I was over dramatic with the whole Luke thing. But damnit Evelyn, get over it! I didn't exactly process what your feeling would have been when I laughed! And I'm just trying to protect you!" He yelled.

"I don't need protecting." I said.

"Yes you do! You're my girl. Nobody else can have you. And I don't want to lose you." He said, whispering the last part.

His face was barely two inches away from mine.

"I don't want you to lose me either." I whispered back.

"Then stop pushing me away. Let me protect you." He whispered.

"Okay." I said. He slowly leaned in, and so did I.

Our lips met, and I was shocked at first. I didn't know what to do.

This is my first kiss. And I don't think I'll be regretting it.

We pulled away, and I put my arms around his neck, letting my crutches fall. I hugged him tight, and put my head in his neck.

"Can I take you on a date Friday?" Jack asked. I smiled.

"Of course." I said.

I heard a car honk, and I looked over and saw my Dads car.

Why couldn't it be Uncle Niall?

Jack picked up my crutches and handed them to me. I put the under my arms, and we started walking towards my car.

He opened the door for me, and I sat in the car. Jack took my crutches and put them in the backseat.

"Thanks." I said, smiling at him.

"You're welcome. Bye Mr.Payne." Jack said, waving to my Dad.

Dad waved back, and once my door was closed, he started driving.

"What was that hug about?" Dad asked. Okay, so I'm guessing luck was in my side, and that he didn't see the kiss.

"He's just been really helpful lately." I said. And it wasn't a lie. He has been helpful a lot.

"I don't want you two more than friends. He can be your friend, but that's it. You're lucky I'm even letting you two be friends." Dad said.

"Okay." I said. "Do you think we can hang out if Friday?"

"Where at?" He asked.

"I think he might want me to meet his family." I said. It was true. He texted me awhile ago saying how he wanted me to meet his Mum and such.

"Okay. That's fine. But no kissing. No hugging anymore. No cuddling. No blankets. And no holding hands. Holding hands leads to making babies." Dad said. I burst into laughter.

"Holding hands leads to making babies? What the heck, Dad? How?" I asked, laughing some more.

"Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each othe-"

"No! That's not what I meant! Okay, never mind!" I said, putting my hands over my ears.

I heard him laugh, and I started giggling with him.

Holding hands leads to making babies!

No way.

***

It was finally Friday, and I was excited. He said that he'd pick me up around 5.

So, here I was.

I was trying to decide on what I should wear.

Leggings, or a skirt?

Skirt.

I put the outfit on, and went downstairs to sit in the living room.

I wasn't even on the last step when I heard Dad speak.

"Nope. Go change." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're hanging out with Jack. Whether it's with his family or not, which it is, you're not wearing a skirt without me there." He said.

"Bu-"

"Do not argue with me. Go change please." Dad said. I nodded, and went back upstairs.

Leggings it is then.

He told me we were going somewhere that wasn't too fancy, so I just went with a casual, but a little classy, outfit.

When I went back downstairs, I stood in front of the staircase, staring at them.

They all looked at me and Dad put his hand up and spun his finger in a circle. Signaling for me to turn.

I turned in a circle, and then saw them all nod their heads.

"That's good." Dad said. I nodded, and took a seat by him.

"Are you nervous about meeting his Mum?" Dad asked.

"Yeah just a little." I admitted. Truth is, I was freaking out.

Jack told me that him Mum is chill, and that she knows we're dating.

And she's okay with it!

I wish my Dad was like that.

There was a knock on the door, and my heart jumped out of my chest.

"I'll greet him." Uncle Louis said. I stood up as fast as I could, and grabbed my crutches.

"No! Unc-"

"False alarm, it's the pizza man." Uncle Louis said, coming back in the living room.

I narrowed my eyes at him, and sat back down.

"You knew it was him, didn't you?" I asked. He grinned, and nodded at me.

A few minutes later there was another knock on the door, and I shot up.

"I've got it!" I said.

I crutches over to the door, and opened it.

"Hey." Jack said. I smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Bye guys!" I yelled and shut the door before they could come and give Jack a lecture.

I hope everything goes well tonight.

***

Hey guys!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Any ideas?

I'm running short guys!!

Thank you all!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G<3