~Chapter 22~ You're Kidding, Right?

~Author's Note~

So a lot of you guys read chapter 21 BEFORE I edited it and it said that Candy died. Candy is NOT DEAD I changed it to, 'Those were the last words I said before I blacked out.' So, yeah. Just sayin'. And this book is ending around chapter 30 or so. I don't know yet :P

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Zayn's POV~

My first reaction was to call the cops. My second reaction was to just leave Candy alone like she asked. But it hurt to see someone pregnant, PREGNANT who was shot in the stomach sit there and suffer. She isn't dead yet, but she pretty much blacked out from blood loss.

I tried to apply light pressure on her wound as I dialed 999. My breath was jagged, and I still couldn't take the image of Carmen killing herself out of my mind. I had covered her body with a blanket because her body was beginning to disturb me.

After calling 999, I just prayed that Candy was okay. I barely pray and do stuff like that, but I just feel like this is somehow my fault. 

Because I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that got her pregnant.

_________________________

~Harry's POV~

My hands shook as I took my car keys from my pocket and inserted them into the ignition. "Harry, hurry the hell up!" Leonna screamed from the back. 

"I'm trying." My voice was husky, and I was pretty much holding back tears. I never really cry, but all of this has been pretty overwhelming. 

Once the car was started up, I pulled it out of the parking lot and started the drive to where we were headed. Holmes Chapel. Saige and I decided that it was the best place to go until we had any idea of where to go next. 

I looked over at Saige who was sitting in the passenger seat. Her leg was shaking wildly, and I quickly pressed down on it to stop. She looked over at me and shot me a faint smile. "Sorry. I'm just nervous." She whispered. 

I quickly leaned over and kissed the top of her head before paying my attention back to the road. "How's your arm?" 

She shrugged. "I don't think it's broken. Probably just sprained."

I nodded. "Good. Want to go to the hospital tomorrow?"

"I guess. Sounds good." 

"FUCK!" 

I looked in the rear-view mirror to see a shock of horror on Reagan's face. "Reagan, what is it?" 

"Zayn just texted me." 

"What does it say?" Louis asked her while taking the phone from her. He looked like he was close to throwing up. 

"STOP THE CAR!" He screamed before yanking open the car door next to him and emptying the contents of his stomach onto the sidewalk. 

I pinched my nose at the smell and looked away. I hated when people vomited. Once he was done, I offered him a tissue but he simply just wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. I shuddered. He can be so unsanitary sometimes.

Once the car door was shut, we were off again. After an hour of driving, we finally reached Holmes Chapel.  I recently bought my own flat here, so we could just stay there until we could find somewhere else to go. 

I just hoped that everything worked out.

_________________________

~Candy's POV~

"Doctor, you don't understand. This young lady is pregnant. Is there anyway that we could save the baby?"

"I'm afraid not sir. The gun shot wound is too deep into the womb and destroyed the umbilical cord. There is no way that we could have saved the baby in time anyway."

"Well is she dead?"

"No, but it's possible that she could die if she doesn't recover from this gun shot wound." 

Voices. The only things I have been hearing since I was sure that I was on my way to Hell. Instead, I open my eyes to find myself in a white hospital room. 

My stomach hurt whenever I moved around, so I pretty much laid on this bed like a vegetable. I couldn't help myself at all. 

Zayn was busy talking to some guy who I assumed was a doctor. I lightly cleared my throat. Zayn turned over and smiled at me. "Oh good, you're awake."

"Zayn, the baby is yours." I whispered. A single tear rolled down his face. "I know. But it's too late." 

I sighed, but then winced right after. "I don't even remember when we conceived this thing." He shrugged. "If only it was still alive."

"Zayn, you should know something." 

He brushed some of my blond hair away from my face. "What is it?" 

"Carmen knew I was pregnant. She wanted me to get an abortion. But obviously, my motto is; I don't kill people. I have people do it for me. But even I didn't want to get my baby killed. So when Carmen shot me in the stomach and killed it, it tore me apart inside."

The doctor awkwardly stood off to the side. "How are you feeling Candy?" 

I looked over at him. "Better."

"I'm sorry for your loss." 

I shrugged. "It's fine. I will get over it."

Hopefully.

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Author's Note~

Sorry for the short chapter! This is the second time that I've updated today, mainly because I have some catching up to do. I missed 4 days of updating because of school -_- Question Of The Chapter: Should this book have a sequel? I'm thinking no, mainly because sequels always turn out bad. (Examples: Stranded Again, Left To Die)

Lots Of Carrots,

Hope