Sixty-Five

She woke up to the ringing of the house phone. She grumbled and stood up, grabbing the extension on Suga's bedside table.

"Hello?" She mumbled groggily.

"Finally!" Jin's voice cracked.

"Huh?" She rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"I've been trying to call you guys all night! But it went straight to voicemail. Why?" Jin yelled.

"Oh yeah. We, we broke the phones." She rubbed her head. She had an awful headache and everything was a bit foggy in her morning grogginess.

"Why would you do that!" Jin screamed at her. She grimaced and pulled the phone away from her ear.

"Don't shout." She yawned.

"I'll shout if I want to shout!" Jin hollered. He seemed tightly wound.

"What's wrong?" She sighed.

"They attacked me yesterday. They got Misook." Jin's voice immediately changed to a whisper.

"Oh no." She placed a hand over her mouth limply.

"She's...she's still in surgery." Jin's voice shook.

"We'll be there." She choked and carefully hung up the phone. Then she fell to the floor and put her head in her hands. She brought her knees up to her chest. Goddammit.

She sobbed, trying to stay quiet so Suga wouldn't wake up. She pressed her teary eyes to he knees and sobbed. Misook too? Why were they suddenly so violent? Weren't they supposed to meet today? Well there was no way in hell they were going. She let the sobs fill her body. V, her friend, was dead. Misook, another one of her friends, might be dead too. She was done. She just wanted things to go back to normal. When she and Suga would go into the planetarium, and to the pond, and to their new spot too. When he crawled up her drainpipe. When they all hung out after school in Suga's living room. She felt Suga's arms slip around her waist. He slid her onto his lap and cradled her. She pressed the side of her face into his chest and he pressed his lips to the top of her head.

"Don't cry."

"It's Misook. We have to leave." She whispered. He nodded and squeezed her.

"I'll pack. And I'll tell the guys." He stood and walked away. She nodded and carefully stood. She wanted to take a shower. To calm down. She slipped into his parent's bedroom and took a shower.

She wrapped the fluffy towel around herself and looked over at the bureau. She still somehow felt guilty. It looked like a shrine to his mother somehow. She picked up a picture. She hadn't really gotten a good look at his mother. She had long dark hair, slim stature, a small nose, and pretty eyes. She smiled. His mother was holding him and his brother and sister, smiling brightly. She sighed and put the picture down. She hesitated for a moment before leaving. She looked at another photo. His mother was wearing a flowery dress and holding a baby Suga's hand. She played with her necklace for a moment, and bit her lip. Making up her mind, she snatched up the picture and walked back into Suga's room. She grabbed her bag and stuffed her clothes in and some of Suga's for herself. She put the picture at the bottom. She felt like she was stealing, but she couldn't help it. His mother was like a mystery, an enigmatic, wispy piece of smoke. You couldn't catch her, but you wanted to desperately. She also grabbed a picture of her and Suga off his dresser. She'd take the sentimental things. She pulled on some of Suga's track pants and a sweat shirt. They were baggy on her but they smelled like him and were comfortable enough. She played with her necklace. It seemed to have a calming effect on her. Suga opened the door and leaned against the doorway tiredly. Neither had gotten a good night's sleep.

"We called Jin. I packed his stuff. Jimin called Eunsuh. It's time to go." He whispered. His voice was thick and he spoke slowly. She nodded and let the necklace fall back on her chest. She picked up her bag and took a deep breath.

Time to go.