Forty-Five

When they finished, she was nearly gagging from the smell. Rapmon looked untouched.
"How many before?" She asked breathless.
"I told him 4. It was 6. But as far as anyone is concerned only 4 ever existed." He grunted as he threw the trash bags in the trash cans.
"That's it? They'll know, we should hide them better." She argued.
"I've done this before. The police department is more than half Yakuza. No one will notice." He shrugged and began to spray bleach all along the ground. She stepped back and covered her nose. The fumes made her lightheaded. He grabbed rags out of his pockets and began to clean with his foot. He tossed her one and she began to clean too.

When they finished the bleach/blood soaked rags went in the trash too.
"We could use them y'know." She murmured.
"Who?"
"Those guys. We could send a message. Get the Yakuza off our backs." She whispered.
"No." He responded immediately. Her head snapped up to face him.
"Why not?"
"Because it's a bad plan." He turned away.
"No it's a good plan! The Yakuza will draw themselves out. They'll want to fight more. Then when things start happening we blame it on them." She argued.
"Half the police are Yakuza. Yakuza is everywhere." He grumbled.
"Then why don't we get other gangs involved?" She asked.
"No." He growled.
"Why not? Why does nothing work? These are good ideas! We just need to utilize what we have!" She screamed at him. He had her against the wall in a moment.

"No those are bad plans. What's even worse is we don't have a plan. Those plans will get us all killed. You don't know the Yakuza, I do. They have teams of hit men. If we did that in three days we'd all be dead. My dad doesn't care. By doing what he's doing now, he's practically being gracious." Rapmon yelled at her.
"There's more isn't there?" She yelled.
"Yeah actually there is! We fix things if you haven't noticed. We like to fix things and protect things that we love. That's what we do. That's what I do. I'm not monopolizing on Jin's pain. He wants this to go away, I'm not gonna put it up right in his face okay? I'm gonna make it go away." He turned away from her angrily.
"You think we're gonna lose don't you?" She accused.
"This isn't a game Nari. We will die, if we don't do things right." He growled.
"Then you don't think there's a way to take them down do you?" She accused again. He said nothing. He began to stalk away,
"Find Suga." He grumbled.
"Have faith." She hollered after him.
"Faith is something I can not afford." He sighed and left. She pushed herself off the wall and began to walk home. She had an idea.

She carefully climbed the drain pipe and pushed the window open. She fell onto her floor painfully and scrambled up. Her dresser sat untouched barricading her door closed. She closed her window and locked it. Her stomach growled loudly. She hadn't been eating much. She hadn't even seen or spoken to her gramma in weeks. Her gramma must be pissed. She smirked and sat down at her desk. Her hands were dirty, but it didn't matter. She grabbed some paper and a pencil and began writing. She finished one letter and set it aside working on the three more she had to finish. She wrote each one separately, copying took longer anyways. Her hand was throbbing and cramping by the time she finished. Each letter was about four pages long. She folded them and stuffed them in envelopes. She wrote his name in big letters on the creamy envelope and stood. She climbed out of her window again and began walking. She was tired, and already sleep-deprived. She went to the pond, the beach, and the underpass. She hid the first one in the branches of a tree, the second in some bushes, and the third in the bright, green grasses. She hoped it wouldn't get wet. She walked into the school and tried the doors, they were unlocked. The janitor was stupid. She slipped into the library and finally into the planetarium. She turned on the regular lights and slid the envelope in the light switch panel. She stalked out of the school and climbed back into her window. She fell on her bed and sighed. This all depended on him being nearby.

Untraceable, but nearby.