Twenty-Three

A pained expression passed over Suga's face. She gripped the fabric of his t-shirt in her hand tightly.

"Suga!" She pleaded firmly. His head snapped back to her.

"Sorry." He mumbled. She sighed and shook her head slightly. She wanted to fix whatever was bothering him so bad. Why wouldn't he let her fix it?

Jin and Misook walked in slowly.

"Hey. I didn't know you guys were coming over today." She waved. Misook nodded. Jin and Suga said nothing. The couple sat down across from them, and Misook scooted herself closer to Jin. Jin looked at her nervously and stole glanced at Suga. She eyes the two suspiciously. What was going on?

"Here." Suga handed her a pure white envelope. It was curled and bent, but it wasn't dirty. She looked at him curiously and opened the already opened envelope. She read the letter quickly. Several times.

"Who is this from?" She asked.

"Rapmon's father." Jin growled. She felt her stomach drop to her knees. Rapmon's father. Yakuza father.

"As in Yakuza." She whispered, her voice trembling. Suga gave her a small nod. Misook reached out her hand.

"Let me read it." She read it, she bit her lip puzzled.

"I get that this is bad, but what does it have to do with me? Jin wasn't the one that got asked." Misook handed the letter back and snuggled closed into Jin. Jin held her tightly.

"You said no right? Please tell me you said no. You're not leaving right? You won't leave right?" Nari grabbed his hands desperately. He kissed her reassuringly.

"I said no." She sighed in relief and hugged him. Falling into his scent. Falling into him.

"But I should've said yes." He murmured. She pulled away sharply.

"Why? Why should you ever say yes to something like that? They're asking you to join the Yakuza. A huge crime syndicate. You do realize that's like asking you to hurt a lot of people. Kill, a lot of people." She yelled at him angrily.

"Yeah but because I said no, and because it's Rapmon's dad, I f**ked you over! Rapmon's dad will do anything and everything to get what he wants and to hurt Rapmon. That's why he wanted me. But because I said no, he sent the Yakuza after me. After Rapmon. After Jin." Suga yelled back.

"There's been a huge, I mean colossal, increase of Yakuza activity. Crime rate in this city alone has nearly tripled, all related to Yakuza. We've been fighting them nonstop. Rapmon's out there right now, fighting them. We'll be out there tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. We took today off. It's turned into a goddamned job. It's f**ked up." Jin complained.

"I still don't see why you told me." Misook shrugged. Didn't she want to know though? Didn't she want to know what was bothering them? Hadn't she wanted to figure it out? Nari narrowed her eyes at her. Misook stated blankly ahead. She was trembling slightly.

"It's because you're close to Jin. It's because Nari's close to me. It's because we love you two. That's why you need to-that's why you deserve to know." Suga's voice cracked. It clicked. Misook didn't want to know because it was bad. They wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't bad. Very, very bad.

"Those guys that day. That was Yakuza." Jin murmured blankly.

"They were targeting you. Because of me." Suga whispered, horrified. The room buzzed with silence. Nari clenched her hands together. This was bad. Very, very bad. The Yakuza would probably come back after them. And the Yakuza was going after Suga and Jin. This was awful. The Yakuza didn't care how young they were. Killing them would be like stepping on an ant. They have guns. They have knives. For Christ's sake they probably have swords. They were screwed with a capital S.

"Oh." Was all she could say. Suga put his head in his hands.

"Misook I'm so sorry. Nari I'm so sorry. I never wanted you guys to get hurt. They tricked us, the dirty bastards. Nari I didn't want you to get hurt so bad. I just want to protect you. I'm so sorry." Suga apologized again. She put a hand on his back. She was starting to get too hot, she felt sick.

"I see." Misook stood, swaying unsteadily. Jin jumped up and grabbed her arm, steadying her. She stepped away from him angrily. Jin looked at her, surprised and hurt.

"It's not their fault. They did what they could do. If is anyone's fault it's the Yakuza's. Don't blame them." Nari scolded her softly. She nodded blanky, she was shaking.

"I want...I want to go home. I want to go home and lay down. To lay down and never get back up." Misook smiled insanely and began to stumble out of the house. Suga and Nari stood. Jin rushed after her, but he was careful not to touch her. She and Suga let the couple go. She took a deep breath.

This was not their fault.