Twenty-Two

"Can I come over to your house today?" She asked him. He bit his lip.

"I don't know. I need to ask Jin something first." He caught sight of Jin and ran up to him. Misook was latched tightly onto his arm, and he was guiding her around gently.

"Hey I need to talk to you." He pulled Jin away from Misook. She whimpered and pulled herself a little closer to him.

"I'll be right back. I'll be 5 feet away." He promised and kissed the top her her head. She nodded, trembling and let him go.

"What?" Jin asked irritably, keeping his eyes on Misook.

"I think we should tell them today." He muttered nervously. Jin's eyes flickered back to him for a moment.

"Okay. Okay today. Your house. I'll meet you there." Jin agreed and strode over to Misook. He hugged her and she latched onto him. Her eyes were wide and she was trembling. He grimaced. His fault that she...

Nari sat down beside him on his couch and held his hand. He smiled weakly and kissed her cheek.

"I'm gonna go get some water and change, do you want anything?" He asked concerned. She shook her head,

"No I'm okay, but maybe, can I borrow some clothes? I want to change too." She giggled softly. He smiled,

"Sure." He chuckled and jumped up. He went into his bedroom and changed into a t-shirt and shorts. He grabbed a sweater and some old, small sweats for Nari. He picked up the white envelope on his dresser. He hesitated before shoving it in his pocket and jogging down the stairs. He threw the clothes at her and she caught them clumsily. He shook his head smiling and got himself some water. He walked back out into the living room. Nari was pulling the sweater over her head. He blushed at the sight of her bra. He looked away quickly and stared down at his toes. How embarrassing.

She pulled her knees to her chest and rested her head on his collar bone. He put his arm around her thin shoulders and kept her close to him.

"I'll always protect you okay? No matter what." He murmured.

"I know." She whispered drowsily.

"And I never meant for that to happen. I don't want you to get hurt. I never want you to get hurt like that again. I'm sorry okay." He kissed the top of her head.

"It's not your fault." She insisted again. He flinched,

"It is. By caring for you. By walking you home. By throwing pebbles at your window. By taking you places. By kissing you. By putting you before myself. By doing this right now. And by loving you. I'm putting you in so much danger. And I'm so sorry." He choked. She looked up at him, and brought her lips to his. He put his hand in her hair and she placed her hands on his chest.

"Whatever's bothering you. Please tell me so I can make it better." She pleaded. He smiled bitterly,

"You can't fix this."

"I can try." She insisted stubbornly or defiantly, he couldn't decide. He took his hand out of her hair and put it in his pocket. He played with the corner of the envelope. He looked away from her. How was he going to tell her? How was he going to keep her safe after? How would she react? She could leave him.

It would be for the best.

---------------------------------

(A/N)

idk what to put here. hi.