Twenty-Four

"I'm sorry." Suga murmured turning to sit down. She stepped in front of him. She cupped his face in her hands.

"What happened was not your fault. I don't blame you, and Misook doesn't blame you. She's just upset right now. Give her time. It's not your fault." She promised. He shook his head,

"If I had said yes, neither of you would've been hurt."

"If you had said yes, you wouldn't be here right now and I'd be hurting even more. So would everyone else. I don't want you killing people, and I don't want you away from me either." She sniffled and flung her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, burying her face in his shoulder.

"Either way, whatever happened would've been my fault." He laughed bitterly. She squeezed her arms tighter, and pressed her face into his shoulder harder.

"It's not your fault! You didn't ask for that letter! You got stuck with it! So everything after is just inevitable, but that doesn't make it your fault Suga!" She yelled. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on the rope of her head, sighing deeply.

"I guess not. But I feel so guilty. I just want to keep you safe, and I couldn't even do that. I never want to hurt you, or see you hurt. After I...well y'know. Everything was so bad. It ached me to do anything and I was so mad at myself. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't believe I had done that. You were so angry, you were so sad. I hated it. I never want to see you like that. You're an amazing person. You didn't care you had been nearly beaten to death. You just smiled and said you were fine, you asked how I was doing. Like you were more worried about me that yourself." He whispered hoarsely.

"That's because I was. You were acting so weird and I wanted to help you. I wanted to make you feel better. Make you smile again." She explained softly. He pressed his lips into her hair, kissing her head.

"I don't deserve you." She frowned. He didn't get it do he? She couldn't survive without him, and she never wanted to see him unhappy, she couldn't stand that.

"Of course you do."

Her head began to pound painfully. She took a deep breath, sighing. Suga always smelled so nice. Like the wind. Maybe it was because he went out by the ocean a lot.

"Can we go outside? My head's starting to hurt." She mumbled.

"Of course." He let her go and let her outside. It was pouring rain. She hadn't heard it earlier. She frowned, she wanted to go down to the beach.

"What is it?" He asked softly, looking out at the rain. Hammering down on the earth, distorting their view.

"I wanted to go down to the beach. Rain has the worst timing." She shrugged.

"Appreciate the rain. It does our dirty work. Cleans up our mess." He sighed sadly. Why was everything so messed up now? It had been perfectly fine before. They had been so happy. Now, he was sad because she had gotten hurt, and he couldn't stop it and she was sad because he didn't understand. It didn't matter what happened to her, just as long as he was there. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Just him.

"We can still go down to the beach if you want." He mumbled playfully. Her lips twitched upward.

"Race you." She hollered, shooting out into the rain. She wasn't wearing shoes. Oh well. She screeched as the cool rain tapped incessantly at her skin. Suga ran up behind her, catching up quickly. He grabbed her and caught her deftly. He picked her up bridal style. She laughed and kissed his cheek. He smiled broadly and squeezed her into him. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck loosely. He smiled, nuzzling his face against hers. His skin was soft and slick from the rain, so it glided over her skin easily.

"I'll fix this okay. I'll make them go away." He promised. She nodded.

"I know. You always do. But please, if you need it, I'm here to help you okay?" She placed a hand on his cheek. He nodded and set her down on the ground. He grabbed the hand that was on his cheek and held it tightly.

"Your fingers are so thin. You should eat more." He worried. She smiled and kissed him quickly.

"Cmon then. Make me some food, let's go."

He would make this better, as always.