Forty-Seven

She trudged home and climbed her drainpipe up into her bedroom. She flopped down on her bed and closed her eyes. This no sleep thing sucked, but she couldn't help it. She grumbled and put her arms over her eyes to block out the light. She was hungry too. She hadn't eaten in a while. She probably should. She rolled over and buried her face in her pillow. She bit her lip and tried to keep herself from crying. It was so frustrating. Everything was so hard now. She just wanted a hug, but of course no one could give her one. She curled up into a fetal position and squeezed her eyes shut tightly. She wanted her home back.

"Hello Nari sweetheart! Long time no see!" Her gramma chirruped. She rolled over in surprise. She hadn't noticed her dresser was back in place and her grandmother could get in again. She scowled and rolled back over. Her gramma sat down beside her on her bed.
"We've missed you at dinner."
"Uh huh."
"Where've you been?" Her gramma asked another question.
"Places."
"How've you been?" Another question.
"How do you think?" She mumbled.
"Don't you want to know how you're parents are doing?"
"No." Her grandmother was ignoring her. Saying what she wanted to say. Saying what sounded best, like someone was listening. She was so desperate to achieve that perfect family, she forgot that you have to actually care for your family. Nari sighed and stared blankly ahead while her grandmother droned on.
"I won't be accepting any more of this behavior." Her grandmother warned.
"Okay."
"See you at dinner." She stood and left. Nari nodded numbly,
"Okay."

She sat at the table and moved her food around with her fork. She didn't want to eat. No one was talking. Her mother and father sat in tense silence, and her gramma just ate her food quietly.
"How've you been?" Her father finally asked.
"Uh huh." She mumbled, not listening.
"Where have you been?" Her mother asked softly.
"Yeah." She sighed.
"Nari, pay attention." Her father demanded.
"Okay."
"Nari, sweetie, what happened?" Her mother asked patiently.
"Yes."
"Nari. Listen." Her gramma growled sweetly.
"Mhm."
"We want to know how you're doing." Her father pleaded.
"Okay."
"Well?" Her grandmother ushered for her to continue.
"Yeah."
"Nari!" Her grandmother's fist slammed down on the table. She looked up,
"What?"
"Listen to your parents!" He gramma yelled.
"I am." She mumbled.
"What did they say?" Her gramma asked triumphantly.
"Hm. Kiss my ass you old hag?" She snickered. Her gramma reached across the table and smacked her, hard. She wasn't even surprised, she just leaned back and raised an eyebrow.
"In front of my mom this time. Someone's getting bold." Her gramma went stiff, she looked stricken.
"You've done this before!" Her mother screamed. Her gramma said nothing.
"That's how my mom works! Don't yell at her!" Her father yelled.
"Not with my daughter! I want you out!" She hollered at gramma. Nari stood and left.

They didn't even notice.
------------------------------
(A/N)
lol I know I said I'd disappear until the weekend but...today was my fiRST WATER POLO GAME JAJAJAJA. So basically this is just mandatory