Payback

Yes, the picture is a shovel, I know. You'll figure out why as you read the chapter :] I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~ ~~~~~

"He's not okay, Courtney. He's... He's fucking crazy." I heard shuffling and a faint click behind me; Mike had taken the gun out of his back pocket and turned the safety off, and now he was pacing the room. I wasn't sure if he was bored, or if he just had a lot on his mind. My guess was the latter.

"You're pretty crazy yourself, Mike." I scoffed and moved behind Josh to try untying his binds.

"Hey-- Hey! Don't untie him. He can't be trusted." Mike strode over to me and grabbed my wrist, then pulled me away from Josh's bindings.

"You can't just keep him tied up like that! It's-- It's cruel!" I ripped my wrist out of his grip as I scolded him.

"Yeah? Well so was what he did to us! He nearly killed Chris and Ashley -- He fucking killed Jessica!"

"You have no proof!" I slammed the side of my fist against the pillar that Josh was tied to, which made him jump. "Did you ever see Josh? Fuck, Mike! He was too busy terrorizing the rest of us to have time to go after you guys!"

He didn't say anything; he walked past me and went to stand by the doorway, looking outside at the storm. I let out a sigh and knelt down beside Josh once again.

"I'm going to get you out of here, Josh. I promise."

~~~~~

Almost half an hour had passed when Josh called Mike over to him. I was standing off to the side, watching them from afar. Mike seemed pretty occupied with Josh, giving me the oppertunity to act. Against the wall were a few tools; an old shovel, a thick rope, and some other odds and ends. I grabbed the shovel, staying at quiet as possible as I approched Mike. I was in his blind-spot; unless he shifted he wouldn't be able to spot me. As if testing my luck, he suddenly turned -- but it was too late. Holding onto the end, I swung the shovel and hit him roughly in head with the handle.

A gunshot echoed within the room, which was followed by a burning feeling in my left arm. Adreniline now coursing through my body, I swung the shovel again -- the handle collided with his head once again and he collapsed. I wasn't sure if he was fully unconscious or not, so I made sure to kick the gun away from him.

"I'm sorry Mike... if only you hadn't been so stubborn." I sighed, then made my way over to Josh. He seemed shocked, more than likely because he had never witnessed me be violent before.

"Let's get you untied." It took me a few minutes, but I finally got his restraints off. I had expected for him to start rubbing his wrists since they must've been sore, but the first thing he did was grab my arm.

"What're you doi-"

"He fuckin' shot you!" Josh started rolling up my hoodie sleeve, but I flinched away after feeling the pain for the first time.

"Ow!" I gritted my teeth and tried not to move while he looked at the wound. The bullet had hit below my elbow, making it painful to bend my arm. "It hurts like hell."

"Bloody."

"What?" I glanced into his eyes curiously.

"It's bloody." He laughed a little, but then something gleamed in his eyes and he became serious. "We need to wrap it up."

"Um... Check my backpack." I pointed to grey bag which was not to far away from us. He went and grabbed it, then started to go through it. When he suddenly giggled, my face flushed in embarrassment -- I had a pretty good idea of what he found. With a dumb grin, he fished the item out of the bag.

"Cute panties~"

"S-Shut up! Just grab a shirt or something..." I shifted my gaze to crimson substance that was running down my arm and dripping onto the floor.

He grabbed one of my old graphic t-shirts and began to tear it apart, making it into makeshift bandages. I moved my hand from over the wound so that he could wrap it. Everytime pressure was applied I couldn't help but to bite my bottom lip.

"...I didn't mean to hurt you." He muttered. "I never meant to-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his; after a few seconds I pulled away and rested my hand ontop of his. Our gazes met, and I showed him a small smile.

"It's not your fault, Josh."

~~~~~

Relationship:

Josh: 9/10
Sam: 8/10
Chris: 3/10
Ashley: 6/10
Matt: 5/10
Emily: 6/10
Mike: 2/10
Jessica: 2/10

Personality:

Honesty: 9/10
Charitable: 8/10
Funny: 6/10
Brave: 8/10
Romantic: 6/10
Curious: 7/10