CHAPTER 10

*** New chapter don’t forget to vote and comment and tell your friends if you like it :D

More votes = more uploads before I go to Africa with the penguins ;)***

“Shhh, ali it’s going to be okay,” Arriella soothed as I howled in pain and anger.

How is it going to be ok? Nothing’s ever going to be okay again.

“Arriella, my mother is dead! How is anything ever going to be ok?” I snapped shrugging her arm off me.

“My mother is dead too Alianna, stop acting like you’re the only person who’s ever lost someone!”

She’s right but I’m not in the right state of mind to be thinking rationally.

“It’s not the same!” I cried.

She was about to say something but I didn’t give her the chance.

“Your mother MIGHT be dead, you don’t really know but I know for sure that mine’s dead. She’s right in front of me!” I screamed pointing over at my mother’s limp body that was swinging from a makeshift noose made from two blankets.

“Why the fuck hasn’t anyone brought her down yet!” I snapped at everyone in the hut, staring each of them dead in the eye until they looked away in shame, guilt and intimidation.

Do they like the look of a dead body or something?

“We’re not allowed to touch her ma’am,” a little boy who I recognised as the boy who had been racing with Timmy earlier on.

“Why not?” I snapped at him making him jump with a small whimper.

“The soldier said” he whispered hiding behind the legs of a tall fail man who I figured to be father.

Fuck the soldiers.

“If you’re not going to do anything,  I will,” I said as I stormed over to my mother.

Just as I was about to untie the blanket I felt two arms wrap around my middle before dragging me backwards.

“Ali stop being so fucking selfish! If you take her down we all die!” Arriella said looking me dead in the eye.

Isn’t that what we want? A quick death and then it’ll all be over. They are going to kill us soon anyway so why delay the killing?

“I don’t care, she needs to get down.”

Arriella didn’t say anything for a couple of minute and I thought that I had won so I started walking back towards mama.

“What about Timmy?”

I froze.

“If you die who will he have?”

She had me beaten with those ten words. Defeated, I sank down to the floor. She knew how much Timmy meant to me. She knew I couldn’t leave him here alone due to my own selfish reasons. It was just that; selfish not to mention heartless. How could I forget Timmy? I’d been so wound up with grief over my mother when I should have been also thinking about Timmy.

Oh god what is he going to say when I tell him? How will he react? He’s already lost one parent, how cruel would he think the world is when he finds out he’s lost both of them. He hasn’t seen mama since we were split up. It’s going to destroy him when he finds out.

How could she have been so selfish as to take her own life leaving her children behind to suffer in the world she left behind? What kind of a mother would put her own feeling before her own children’s?

She was meant to stay with us through this until our time came, telling us each day that everything is going to be alright even though it was obviously not.

I admit that she hasn’t been in the best state mentally since papa was killed but that is not a good enough reason to go and kill yourself.

That night I tossed and turned on the floor trying to reach the impossible goal; sleep. I was about to give up trying when I felt a pair of arms wind around my waist the way mama used to do when I was younger and would crawl into her and papa’s bed when I was having nightmares. The gesture was warm and familiar so I snuggled closer into it.

“It’ll get better I promise, goodnight,” Arriella whispered in my ear just the way mama would do to me as a shivered in fright.

Thinking of the happy family memories I was pulled into a deep sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I knew exactly what I had to do.

“Timmy I have something to tell you.”

***oh I have writers block!! I have to make something clear to you Arriella and Alianna aren’t gonna have some kind of a lesbian thing it was just a sisterly comfort sleeping together thing.

 Anyway what did you think of the chapter. Sorry it’s short but I’m quite incapable of writing chapter longer than two pages long :/

anyway leave your comments below and don’t forget to vote because the more votes I get  then the more I upload before I leave for Africa with the penguins  for like a month :D***