He nodded slowly as I felt his pulse.
"You're not coughing much these days."
"I guess."
I sighed. "Atleast you're getting better."
He put his cloak on, slipping it on like it was water.
"I'll go now."
"You can sleep a little, right?"
He nodded as he went out. I sighed and sat down on my bed.

The first soldier.

Dead.

Second.

Dead.

Third.

Ran away.

Fourth.

Dead.

Fifth.

Nearly ended up killing me.

For the rest of time, I never had gotten another soldier again.

Thousands of years in the hospital, life spinning around endlessly.

Thats when I met the crow.

The big, human, broken crow.

He was sad. Wouldn't tell me anything. He didn't mind me being mean to him- he didn't know anything. He was so idiotically loyal I saw him as a kid.

A kid who knew nothing about life.

I saw him as a demigod who lived a happy life but was angered with death and somehow thought that he could get revenge on whoever.

He was nice though.

I remembered.

~

FLASHBACK

I looked around the small town of Delphi.
Not much had changed. Just a few things, like the tree and a few houses.

It had only been a few years anyway.

I still had the scar on my chest, and it hurt a lot. It reminded me everything- and this was after my first soldier had died.

Chaos.

He was okay. But I couldn't trust him fully.

Would Alathea be here?

I walked to where our old house was. It was now just ground and a cliff over the sea- probably someone had burned it to the ground. I crouched down and scooped up the ground, letting it fall through my fingers.

Home.

"Father..."

I looked up at the sun, not caring if it burned my eyes. I wanted to keep it in my memory- I never knew when I would get to see it again.

I heard footsteps, and a delighted laugh. I straightened and looked back, and the two people behind me froze.

A woman and a small boy.

"Victor?" she took a step back, holding the boy's hand tight.
I turned around completely and took a step towards her, making her take another step back.
"D-don't come closer!" she put out her knife in front of her, her hands shaking.
"You- you're supposed to be dead. Be gone."
The boy looked utterly confused, but was hidden half behind her skirts.

Jet black hair. Green eyes.

Not like Alathea's, but a blue green color, not exactly like the sea, but not like the green of plants or the blue of the sky.

He was quite a handsome boy.

I looked back at Alathea, who glared at me in fear. I could see her shaking in her chiton. I took another step foward, sticking my face in close to hers. She was completely frozen as I met her eyes with mine.

"Why, I can't even say hello?"

My voice was sharp, and somewhat cold. She took a step back, dropping her knife. I picked it up, and she scrambled back, stumbling and sitting down on the grass.
"Please! Please I'm sorry- just- just don't kill him!"
I scowled and tossed the knife away.
"I can't believe it. You. You just killed me and you're pleading not to kill your son."
"He- he's your son!"
I narrowed my eyes.

I knew very well he was not.

I took out my own golden blade and stuck it under her chin. She made a short, strangled sound and her son stared at me, completely frozen.

"I wasn't coming here to kill you." I snarled. "But now.... Wow. I cannot understand you." I took the blade away.

"I just wanted to ask you." I slipped the blade in my belt again, staring into her eyes. "Why you liked him."
I glanced at the boy.
"Where's the boy's father?"
She looked down.
"I'm dead Alathea. You have to pay something for killing me."
"The father ran away." she said bitterly.
I gave my hand to her, and she stared at it.
"It's your choice."

She glanced at me, and at my hand. She took it carefully, and I dropped her off the cliff.

Screaming.

How does it feel?

The boy screamed along with his mother and stared down the cliff, watching his mother fall.

"Who- who are you?!"

I took a step foward, and he took a step back.

What would I look to the boy?

A monster?

I sighed and looked down.

The poor boy.

I sat down on the grass.

What would I do now?

I grabbed his shoulders tight. He looked at me with wide fearful eyes as he dissapeared into bright light.

He would be happier- or I hoped.

I looked down the cliff, staring at the blue ocean.

I closed my eyes and jumped.

OMG 1816 WORDS OMG